Honda Rebel Forum banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
only way too get a sticker for your windshield or helmet is in person !! an they are free along with all meet events !! so come an have a great time !! Sept. 10/12

·
Registered
86 and 05 rebel 250s
114 Posts
We rode to Lake Hope last sunday. We took the long way up 93 to 56 to 278. I'm fortunate to live in this area of perfect motorcycle riding.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You are indeed. As I remember 93, though, it's a whole lot more fun ridden the other way, north to south... downhill most of the way! So many of those roads are pretty, and fun to ride. Looking forward to spending a few days there, and hoping for good weather.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Since I had only been there once before, I rode down to lake hope today to make sure I remembered the route from my house. I am glad to reassure everyone that the park hasn't disappeared.

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
740 Posts
I started on my way down there the other day. I didn't tell my wife where I was going. She didn't complain too much until we went through Coshocton. That's about the halfway point from my house. We were taking 83 South. Just easy slow drive.
Obviously I never got there. 🙃 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
83 South is the route I used to take when I rode to the rally!

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
740 Posts
83 runs from Avon, Ohio by the Lake all the way to Rt. 60.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Will be loading the Rebel on to a UHaul trailer (less hassle than our taller, bigger one) today (Tuesday), and traveling the 275 miles to Lake Hope tomorrow (Wednesday). Fran and I will be staying in Cabin 56, across the road and down from Guba's cabin until Tuesday next week. Hope to get some quiet rides in on Thursday and Monday, as well as the "official" rides Friday thru Sunday. Steve and Pat will be in cabin 47 (if I remember right) on Guba's side of the road, across from our cabin, also from Wednesday thru Tuesday. On Sunday evening, Fran and I, together with Pat and Steve will host a "get-together" again, probably with pizza and ice cream (maybe "Rebel" ice cream!). Outside location to be determined. Looking forward to seeing everybody again, and meeting some new friends! Be safe!

Reactions: Guba

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Just a reminder to any who would like to ride with us on Saturday.

Meet at the Lake Hope Lodge 9:00 AM. We'll be rolling out from there.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Never heard of or tried Rebel ice cream. I looked it up. Looks good, although expensive. Keto, lo-carb... yadda, yadda, yadda. I'll have to get some to try.
I'm still planning on being there. Hope to meet many soon.
My Rebel will be on the carrier on the back of the camper.

Reactions: markwilliamson

·
Registered
86 and 05 rebel 250s
114 Posts
Never heard of or tried Rebel ice cream. I looked it up. Looks good, although expensive. Keto, lo-carb... yadda, yadda, yadda. I'll have to get some to try.
I'm still planning on being there. Hope to meet many soon.
My Rebel will be on the carrier on the back of the camper.
Where ya camping?

·
Registered
740 Posts
In the Lake Hope Campground.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Lake Hope or Bust!

Making the trip today!. Leaving Monday. We'll be on the other hill, just past the cemetery, #66, last cabin at the end of the paved road.

Since Friday and Sunday are covered for dinner, I'm gonna grill Saturday after the ride, all are invited.

See you soon!

Stay safe

·
Super Moderator
30,831 Posts
Well, I have messed up once again. In the process of replacing worn fork oil seals I've damaged one of the sliders. Don't think I have the needed replacements in my collection of used parts. Unless one of the local dealerships happens to have the needed parts in stock (never have before), I won't be able to make the rally again this year. Rats!!!!!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Campsite #66 is ours. Using a camper is like always having a furnished cabin that has no suprises.
Looking forward to seeing the group that can come. Hope you can get it fixed Flitecontrol.
My tires still haven't arrived so, we'll do our best to keep up with everyone safely. Back ones are at the sensor's, front are ok. But I always replace them as a set.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts