Honda Rebel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wilson took the Cave City Rally on the tail end of a city parade. :ROFLMAO: It wasn't planned to be that way...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wilson took the Cave City Rally on the tail end of a city parade. :ROFLMAO: It wasn't planned to be that way...
Remember 2019... we got caught up in a funeral at the bottom of the Triple Nickel, where it seemed like the whole of the County had turned out, and were parking their cars on one side of the road, then streaming across the road to the graveyard on the other side. I believe it was Jim that eventually negotiated our release. I believe it was David that was gunning the engine of his 450 that had a wicked backfire. I think they were happy to let us go! Just one memory of a good day. Thanks for planning and leading that one, Guba!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the "heads up"! Just an evil thought... is there a PARADE??? (wherever two or more Rebels are gathered, there's an opportunity to crash the nearest parade!)
There is a parade, but it would be hard to crash on the Rebels. It is a sternwheel parade. I'm not sure the motorcycles could float with the paddlewheels.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The new 1100 Rebel can be ordered with DCT - depth control transmission. That would take care of the floating thing, but I don't know of a model that comes equipped with paddlewheels. I know the 250s have all been spoked. Maybe paddlewheels are an option on the 1100. We may have to keep the older Rebels on dry land, and just send the new models to the parade.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jim Wilson mentioned the AMA Hall of Fame in Pickering. Looks like a great place for a ride, or a rain day excursion, or even catching on the way home. Anybody know of a good quiet road route from Lake Hope?

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Mark there isn't really a direct off highway route. It takes 2 hours to get there on Rt33, any route off the highway will definitely be a slow one, with a lot of zig zags.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mark there isn't really a direct off highway route. It takes 2 hours to get there on Rt33, any route off the highway will definitely be a slow one, with a lot of zig zags.
Thanks, Guba. I don't think 33 would be much fun on a Rebel, but lots of zig zags sounds like a good ride. I was thinking of it for a second full day ride, or maybe a stop on the way home, instead of the annual pilgrimage to the Iron Pony.

·
Super Moderator
30,601 Posts
Thought I'd bump this so newer members can see it. If you haven't been to one of these, you should try to come if you can. Great roads, good times, and good food. Experienced riders only.

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
397 Posts
Hello, just reserved a campsite (#66). I hope to be able to have the Rebel on the back of my camper by then.
Just a note: To reserve online, go to--> reserveohio.com
The site is a little glitchy, so if you make a mistake, wait a half hour & try again.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Awesome! So far that puts us at 10 bikes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Set up an EVENT on the Facebook Rebel Riders group. Anybody on FB, feel free to register on the event to boost interest, and add your comments on what a good time it is. SIXTY days to go...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Set up an EVENT on the Facebook Rebel Riders group. Anybody on FB, feel free to register on the event to boost interest, and add your comments on what a good time it is. SIXTY days to go...

Do you have a link to which group you are talking about? There are a few different groups called "Rebel Riders".

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
397 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
ok , we can we stay for sure now that cabins are full, tell me about motels close by ? for those that dont want to camp, camp sites at the park not that good , no flat spots an cost way too much , tks
I got your text, but you didn't text me back!!! Turn your phone on. You can stay in my cabin if you want.

I keep telling everyone to reserve early! This year I reserved in January and the cabins were already filling up pretty quick.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts