Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year the cabins are rented out already for August in the dates that I wanted...so the rally will be held in the second weekend in September. Traditionally the rally was held in September but I moved it to August for more favorable weather. As always, the rally will be held rain or shine!!!

This rally is open to anyone! You DON'T need to ride a Rebel to attend! Some interesting bikes have showed up in the past rallies. Friday evening will be held around my campfire at cabin 43. We can decide which ride to take. Chili will be on the menu as always.

Saturday is the main ride, and I try to plan a different route every year. Lunch on Saturday will be on the road, hopefully at a nice dining establishment. These rides last for the whole day! Even though I make stops every hour or so, by the end of the day it can be tiring. Saturday evening my campfire ring will be crackling with flames and all are invited to join around it for chit chat and relaxation.

So far I have Lenny confirmed to attend, so there will be at least 2 bikes. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
30,179 Posts
My anniversary is the 9th, and it takes two days for me to get there. If it doesn't result in divorce or serious bodily injury, I plan to attend.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cabin 56 booked. Plan to arrive early, depart late to get an extra couple of days there. Hope the weather cooperates, and the virus doesn't shut us down. Will probably host a soda/beer, pizza, and dessert on Sunday evening for the remaining few. Sounds like Steve Cunningham from Kokomo IN will also be there. So that makes at least 5 bikes, and 7 months left to recruit more!
lake hope 2021 logo.jpg

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome Mark!

I suppose I should ask if there are any points of interest that everyone wants to see?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I make that 6 bikes, and counting... Yay!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Steve Cunningham is a definite - he's booked in Cabin 47, and like me, he's spending an extra day before and after. I know he's also going to hit Iron Pony on the way in or back.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
4 confirmed cabins. My cabin may have 2 additional bikes, waiting to see about covid.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cabin 45 Booked. My wife and i will be there and we will be making breakfast burritos before the Saturday ride if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome! Hopefully no rain this year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This year the cabins are rented out already for August in the dates that I wanted...so the rally will be held in the second weekend in September. Traditionally the rally was held in September but I moved it to August for more favorable weather. As always, the rally will be held rain or shine!!!

This rally is open to anyone! You DON'T need to ride a Rebel to attend! Some interesting bikes have showed up in the past rallies. Friday evening will be held around my campfire at cabin 43. We can decide which ride to take. Chili will be on the menu as always.

Saturday is the main ride, and I try to plan a different route every year. Lunch on Saturday will be on the road, hopefully at a nice dining establishment. These rides last for the whole day! Even though I make stops every hour or so, by the end of the day it can be tiring. Saturday evening my campfire ring will be crackling with flames and all are invited to join around it for chit chat and relaxation.

So far I have Lenny confirmed to attend, so there will be at least 2 bikes. :ROFLMAO:
can riders from Tennessee attend !! ?? i,m in !!

·
Super Moderator
30,179 Posts
Pretty sure Tennessee riders are excluded. ;) ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was telling my wife about how there was some interest in coming to Marietta (I live there) and she brought up a good point. The weekend after Labor Day there is a street festival in town. I am not trying to discourage anyone from wanting to see the town. Just putting it out there that all the tourists might ruin the sight seeing. On the other hand Sternwheel Festival is definitely an experience.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was telling my wife about how there was some interest in coming to Marietta (I live there) and she brought up a good point. The weekend after Labor Day there is a street festival in town. I am not trying to discourage anyone from wanting to see the town. Just putting it out there that all the tourists might ruin the sight seeing. On the other hand Sternwheel Festival is definitely an experience.
Thanks for the "heads up"! Just an evil thought... is there a PARADE??? (wherever two or more Rebels are gathered, there's an opportunity to crash the nearest parade!)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts