Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Once again it's time to start planning your vacations. Usually I try for the end of August. This year it's in the middle of August because of the holiday and my work schedule. Lake Hope likes to raise their prices on the holiday weekend...just trying to keep it affordable. LHR is a small rally but most of the bikes come from out of state, how about some more Ohio riders!

The Lake Hope Rally has always been a favorite ride for those that have come before. I try to take different routes every year so it doesn't get old, much as Mark and Steffiny used to do. I haven't made my reservations just yet, but will be staying in one of the wilderness cottages. Others have come and stayed at the campground or the pet friendly cottages. Friday night I will be serving chili to those that care to show up as the tradition has been set, it's a nice relaxed time around a camp fire where everyone gets to know each other and do some reminiscing. Saturday is the main ride, I try to include stops at places of interest. I'm always open to suggestions, and sometimes the rides don't go exactly as planned because of weather (but they still end up fun! 2017 lol). So bring your rain gear!!

If anyone wants to see a place of interest, please suggest it and I will try to work it in a ride if possible.

·
Super Moderator
29,645 Posts
Looking forward to it!

·
Super Moderator
29,645 Posts
DNC posted this on last year's thread: "I'm voting for the weekend of 8/30 or 9/6. Can't do 8/23 or 9/13 weekends"

·
Registered
296 Posts
Weekend reserved on my calendar, looking forward to another adventure.

I often don't make it in time for the ride but I sure enjoy hearing about it at the campfire that evening. :character00201:

Will plan an extra day again this year in hopes of making it, hoping replacing both of the problem oil seals gets my Rebel reliable again. It will get plenty of testing before the rally this time, no more service work the week before a major trip and testing it on the way.

·
Super Moderator
29,645 Posts
BTW, this ride isn't restricted to Honda Rebels. All bikes and riders are welcome. So if you'd like to attend, but can't or don't feel like riding a Rebel, don't let that stop you.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Never looked at that weekend, but......it works! :cool0012:

Likely be there Thursday-Monday. We stay on the other hill in the pet friendly cabins,gotta bring the pups!

Will be there for Friday Chili. Saturday night, I'm gonna BBQ and all are welcome! Cabin number posted soon.

I am also planning to bring more 450 parts and MC stuff I have to offer for sale. Did real good getting rid of stuff last year yet somehow I seem to keep acquiring stuff! :angel:

Looking forward to it! :D

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you gonna BBQ after the ride, then maybe be I'll there! LOL Just let me know what to bring!

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have cabin 43 rented.

·
Super Moderator
29,645 Posts
Are you looking for roommates, Guba?

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes. Have 4 spots open. Contacted Lenny and his phone didn't recognize me lol. We had just texted 2 weeks ago, lol.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3 bunks open in my cabin.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
We have reserved cabin 66 on the other hill, per usual. ;)

Will be there Friday afternoon and leaving Monday.

BBQ at my cabin Saturday night! I'll have a lot of items for sale as well, so let's call it a BBQ MC Swap Meet! :D Bring something (MC oriented) that you want to get rid of and you just might leave with a few buck$!

Gonna be another awesome weekend of riding, looking forward to seeing old friends and making new, hope to see you there!

All are invited and the area is beautiful, come on everyone, let's make this happen like never before! :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Come to the 2019 Annual Rebel Meet at Lake Hope State Park in OH!

Bump.

Anybody else planning to come?

I got a free Rebel 250 patch for the longest rider and another for the longest travelled!

I met some of the staff from the Athens Visitor's Center at the Progressive MC show in Chicago and they told me that if we ride over to say Hi, they will give us all patches. I got one at the show. ;)

See you there? :)

Attachments

Reactions: kryton

·
Super Moderator
29,645 Posts
Sounds like Athens could become a stop on our ride.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Athens has one of the top 100 microbreweries in the states, I haven't been there yet. Also has a world winning pizza shop, haven't been there either! I'll have to look up the Athens visitors center, I might want a patch...heh heh

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'm gonna bump this weekly for the next 6 months!

Anybody else coming? Awesome weekend for riding and the roads are wonderful, believe me, well worth the trip. I love going every year and will be there regardless.

Bob had a bath and has been eating all my honey, so he is full (of new stuffing!) and will be ready to leave Chicago after this summer!

Free 'Bob the Bear' patches for all who show! While supplies last of course! (Could that be more enticing or what?:lol2:)

You in?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL, I totally forgot you got BOB back. I still keep thinking he's with lex. That would be BOB's second washing that I'm aware of. As if he didn't get enough washing from the rain outside, lol.

For those that don't know, BOB the bear is the 250.com ambassador. Unfortunately that web site went by the way. BOB stands for Bear On Bike...
BOB has been all over the country riding on peoples Rebels, he is the ultimate Rebel riding moocher. He rode plenty of miles on other peoples bikes without spending a dime on gas money, lol. His travels are from NYC to Las Vegas. Michigan to Florida. BOB has been to Hell and back (Hell, Michigan) LOL. He used to have a log book to document his activities, but BOB's mentor decided to hold on to it as a memento. I don't blame him, there were some interesting travels logged!

BOB LOVES the Lake Hope rallies! He's not there every year but he still shows up. Trouble is, he likes to go home with a different rider every time! It's no wonder he has so many miles under his belt. BOB rides on! Hopefully we can keep it that way as long as we show up at rallies.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm going to try to make it depending on work. I moved this winter so I'm 10 miles closer to hope. Yes Athens is great and they have brew week every year which showcases microbrews from all over Ohio. I now have a 450 rebel along with the bobber, but hoping to trade it for a stock 250....idk why just love the 250s. I didn't make last years really because I had the easyrider rodeo in chillicothe the following weekend and not enough vacation. Hoping to do both this year but definitely want to do the rally.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hope to see you again shakee, your bobber was pretty nice looking.

Yeah, I have a 250 and 450. I don't know why, but I'm drawn to the 250's too!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts