Honda Rebel Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,562 Posts
I feel so inaccessible so far away up here in almost Canada. When age and pension agree I would love to join and meet you guys at this lake of hope. It looks like a beautiful place and a great time.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Keith by all means please join us! It's a relaxing time to be had! That be me in Wilson's last picture at the right.

Anyone have any places they would like to visit in particular? I need to start planning rides...

·
Super Moderator
3,562 Posts
That would make a permanent happy memory for every Rebel rider to join in. I'm planning my camper/rebel hauler in my spare time to travel the country.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Still looking for any ride input...

I'm looking at Google maps a lot these days. Not sure the restaurants will be open. So it might be all camp cooking.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Maybe I should tow my Rebel up there with my Burgman...

Something like this. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

Reactions: Guba

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Still looking for any ride input...

I'm looking at Google maps a lot these days. Not sure the restaurants will be open. So it might be all camp cooking.
Nice day here? OH-278 to Park Rd 1

Bringing all we need to eat (and then some) with for the weekend. Did enjoy that 'Ribber' place though. Thinking we could still have a 'safe' get together one eve.

As long as the park does not cancel my cabin, we'll be there!

As usual, can't wait......and.......Katai is almost ready!

Katai 6.24.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
I made this route to include a couple of my favorite roads to ride over here around Marietta. I was going to bring it up to you when the Rally got closer, but just saw that you asked for input. I love 676 and 26, I haven't rode anything west of 555 on the loop. I was also planning on scouting it once I get running again, but problems persist. There is a diner 3 1/2 hours of driving into the route that I know is open. So it would be about 4 1/2 hours in if breaks are approximately 15 minutes each hour.

Loop

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Mr. Johnson, I definitely appreciate the input! It looks like a good ride for sure. The reality, after years of riding this rally, most people like less than 250 miles and breaks tend to be anywhere from 30-45 minutes, not counting restaurant stops. I try to break about every hour. Last year I offered a ride that actually used some of those roads. But I will definitely take some of those roads and try to make a slightly shorter ride...676 and 26 will somehow try to be in the works. I try to plan 3 rides and offer them for votes on Friday evening. Then go from there. A lot of riders come from out of state, so I try to include points of interest in my stops.

Much appreciated, especially from a local guide! Many thanks!

·
Super Moderator
29,134 Posts
I'm playing it by ear with the covid-19 issue; may or may not make it this year. If I get it (and recover), I'll be there. If not, will depend on how things stand. My son has it now and for him, symptoms are minor.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I think I may have had it already last February. My supervisor's son was on a basket ball team, got sick with high fever. Whole team got it. That was back in Jan/Feb. The coach went in for elective surgery over a month ago, and tested positive for the anti bodies. He said the only time he was sick was back when the whole team got it. Back in February I got a fever and it lasted for a whole day. For me they usually only last about a half day. I really felt out of sorts. I think my super may have been a carrier, he stated he never had any symptoms. I really thought about going home for the day! Other members of my department also got sick with with different effects. One guy kept complaining of the horrible cough he was going through "deep in his lungs",and stated he never got sick at this time of year.

I have not been tested, but I'm so curious if I have the anti bodies!!!! I still wear a mask to prevent spread! As they say, symptoms can take up to two weeks to show. Prevention and hand washing are key! I've been a raccoon with hand washing all my life, so no change there.

·
Super Moderator
29,134 Posts
My son's FIL has it, and probably contracted it while in the hospital for blood clots in his lungs, which they were trying to dissolve so he could have open heart surgery for a 90% blocked major heart vessel. He's back in the hospital with low oxygen levels and pneumonia. They are deciding whether to put him on a C-pap machine or ventilator tonight. Not good with all his other health issues.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts