Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Letting everyone know that the Rally is on again this year. Once again I have cabin 43 rented.

Friday evening will be camp fire at my cabin, hopefully meet some new people, chili for dinner. We can decide which ride to take for Saturday.

Saturday will be the main ride. They usually last most of the day. Even though we make stops every hour or so, the ride can get tiresome. I try to include a restaurant stop so no one goes hungry. Last year we ate at the Triple Nickle Diner, but stops have included other places as well. Never know what sites we will see until we pick a ride.

If you think you will be attending for the whole weekend, you can either rent a cabin or camp ground at Lake Hope State park, http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/lakehope or stay at a lodging of your choice. Anyone who shows up just for the ride on Saturday is welcome to attend the ride. There are no fee's collected other than what you owe the Park for your stay (no park entry fee's either).

I look forward to seeing the regulars who show up (there must be a reason :smile2:) and hopefully we will get some new people showing up as well.

Anything anyone want to visit or see? Input welcome.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I really enjoy the riding out there, of course I'm in, per usual. (Guba, got the event covered!):happy0159:

The Mrs., me, and my pups will be in the pet friendly cabins again and would love to have all that make it over for some Chicago style BBQ (and Bourbon!) Saturday night. I'll have a 'swap meet' table too, who knows, you might score something you need. Bring something to sell if you want! I am always looking for rare or pristine condition 450 stuff.

If you can make it out, you won't regret. The riding and roads in this area are awesome, I really appreciate the openness but they can sometimes be more challenging than city riding. I have learned a lot from these trips over the years (I learn everytime I ride though). I also enjoy exploring the park w/my wife and dog and do a little fishing too. Very relaxing place, well......it gets a little noisy when my bike is running!

I'm bringing the new 450 chopper, Katai for sure!

There look to be plenty of cabins and campsites open this weekend, hope to see you all at the party!
:party0003:

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad your able to work around your work's schedule. I enjoyed the BBQ last time, I'm sure I'll enjoy it again.:D

If anyone wants to attend, I recommend getting your reservations in before the end of march. One year the park was almost all booked by then and there are no guarantees that any spots will be open. With that said, last year I think almost every cabin was taken for the weekend.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd like to say I'm in but the last 2 years I planned it and work got in the way. I'd like to at least do the main ride if I can. I'm going to a new 2-3-2 12 hour shift at work so I'll have alot more time off so if the schedule falls right I can come.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'd like to say I'm in but the last 2 years I planned it and work got in the way. I'd like to at least do the main ride if I can. I'm going to a new 2-3-2 12 hour shift at work so I'll have alot more time off so if the schedule falls right I can come.
Hope you can make it!

I love your 'neighborhood', the roads are wonderful! :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Have the time blocked off at work, was out practicing with a rain ride tonight.

Only 164 days until Lake Hope!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Have the time blocked off at work, was out practicing with a rain ride tonight.

Only 164 days until Lake Hope!
Great! Glad you can make it.

I am praying for NO rain and will have none of that gravel stuff either (Guba!) :nonono:

163 now!:lol2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reserved CO 44 Wildlife cabin. Hopefully this is the right section. Let me know if it is not. Arriving Friday and leaving Monday. Maybe I will bring the Rebel this time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok moved from 44 to 42. I like the end one last time. Got time off work so everything is a go.

·
Super Moderator
29,154 Posts
That does look like a more comfortable, upright riding position on the Ruckus. Hope this corona virus thing doesn't mess things up.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great to hear your coming again!

Subscription doesn't seem to be working again.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome! I still plan on attending and haven't been notified that my reservations are cancelled.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They seem to have canceled and refunded any reservation for before June, but they are still taking reservations from June 1 onward. So we should be fine in August.

I was going to offer to do some pulled pork one night, but dinner seems to be covered for the two nights my wife and I are going to be staying. I can make the fixings to do breakfast burritos Saturday morning if people are down for some grub before the ride.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sure, if you want to do breakfast, it would be much appreciated. Nothing is etched in stone for these rallies. But would be appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Letting everyone know that the Rally is on again this year. Once again I have cabin 43 rented.

Friday evening will be camp fire at my cabin, hopefully meet some new people, chili for dinner. We can decide which ride to take for Saturday.

Saturday will be the main ride. They usually last most of the day. Even though we make stops every hour or so, the ride can get tiresome. I try to include a restaurant stop so no one goes hungry. Last year we ate at the Triple Nickle Diner, but stops have included other places as well. Never know what sites we will see until we pick a ride.

If you think you will be attending for the whole weekend, you can either rent a cabin or camp ground at Lake Hope State park, Ohio State Parks & Watercraft or stay at a lodging of your choice. Anyone who shows up just for the ride on Saturday is welcome to attend the ride. There are no fee's collected other than what you owe the Park for your stay (no park entry fee's either).

I look forward to seeing the regulars who show up (there must be a reason :smile2:) and hopefully we will get some new people showing up as well.

Anything anyone want to visit or see? Input welcome.
hope to make it again this year !!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts