Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was a VERY good rally this year!!! NO crashes! Lets keep that ball rolling, LOL. The weather cooperated beyond my wildest dreams!

Lenny had to go back home enroute to the rally because his bike started blowing oil all over his leg. Shakeedog has officially been upgraded to legend status, i.e. Bigfoot, Lock Ness Monster. One of the new riders told me he had to "find out who this Shakeedog was becouse everyone was asking if he was him!" I swear he actually exists!!!

We had 14 bikes actually show up this year! All of them Rebels except one! And she owns a Rebel and had it here last year! Shame, shame! LOL
A third generation Rebel actually showed up, and it was an 1100 to boot! Chicagometrix brought a reborn Kuro, it had an awesome paint job!
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
What the hell! Tried to post some more photo's and the preview wiped them all out!!!!!! Take note Mods!!!!!!!

So we ended up taking 555 north this year, it's been a while. It was very disappointing, there was a lot of gravel and ruts on the road. We went to Zanesville for some scenic views and then to the Big Muskie Bucket. Then off to Boondocks BBQ outside McConnelsville. The food was very good, but the smoked ribs had no smokey taste. From there it was back to Lake Hope.
Water Sky Water resources Plant Natural landscape
Sky Building Natural landscape Land lot Plant
Footwear Jeans Trousers Cloud Sky

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks to RLJohnson for breakfast on Saturday! I hope you didn't have to throw anything out, there was a lot of food! And many thanks to Chicagomertrix for the BBQ after the ride!
And this year I didn't have enough vacation to stay at Lake Hope for very long, but I know from past experience that Mark and Fran probably had a nice dinner for Sunday night.

People at this rally are awesome!!!!! Saturday didn't end well though, turns out a tree fell over some power lines at the Lodge, and it took out all power to Lake Hope. However, I commend Lake H
Wood Fence Shade Tints and shades Midnight
ope Park services in that the power was restored overnight. I really didn't expect that. Never thought my propane camp lantern would be the most important thing to gravitate around LOL.

·
Registered
86 and 05 rebel 250s
114 Posts
I do exist lol. Usually it was because of work why I couldnt come. This year I had dental work done on Wednesday and the dentist said I'd be good to go by Saturday. He lied. Anyways, I'm glad it was a good turnout. I wish I would have went but glad all had a good time. I'm like the promoter who promotes the rally all year then dont come myself. Maybe us locals can have some get togethers and rides from the park. I know Johnson and wild Bill is close and I'm 30 minutes or less out so maybe we could ride sometime.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wild Bill and Deb showed up for the rally. They didn't go on the main ride though. I'm glad they came back after last years soaking. Bill led the ride for Sunday, but I was gone by then. RLJohnson has been the youngest rider 2 years in a row. shakee you might be the one he can pass the torch to, lol. Seriously, you need to bring your bobber back! At the least, what ever your riding now.

A few more pics...

You can't own a red tee shirt until you lay your bike down at 2 rally's!!! Steve, the good news, your half way there. :ROFLMAO:

Plant Furniture Chair Outdoor furniture Shade
Glasses Tire Wheel Motorcycle Smile
Food Tree Outdoor grill rack & topper Plant T-shirt
Wheel Tire Trousers Jeans Vehicle

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The picnic table Wilson stenciled a few years ago ended up at my cabin LOL.
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
86 and 05 rebel 250s
114 Posts
[QUOTE="Guba, post: 1262527, RLJohnson has been the youngest rider 2 years in a row. shakee you might be the one he can pass the torch to, lol. Seriously, you need to bring your bobber back! At the least, what ever your riding now.

[/QUOTE]
I still have the bobber but rarely ride it, I was gonna bring my 05 stock bike.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
Looks like a great time was had by all.
2,300 miles is a bit too far for me to travel..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Chili night was Friday this year, hot peppers were left out for separate consumption by those who wanted them and it was probably a good thing. They were wildly hot.

Plant Grass Water feature Cookware and bakeware Cooking

Bob was present this year, cleaned up and ready to ride.

Wheel Tire Jeans Land vehicle Vehicle

Initial lineup was at Lake Hope Lodge this year, worked out great as there was more room to line up and socialize before the takeoff.

Wheel Tire Jeans Land vehicle Vehicle

My favorite lineup of the bikes was at Putnam Hill Park. A sweet arc of Rebel goodness.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
73 Posts
For the record, Steve and I made a couple of short rides on Friday, to McArthur and back via 93, 382, 56, and 287, and later via 328 to Logan and back via 33, and 287.
On Sunday, six of us (Wild Bill, Deb, David, Russell, Steve, and I) led by Wild Bill took a ride to the Triple Nickle Diner (out of patches this year), stopped for lemonades, etc. and retraced our steps to the Lake. Steve and Pat, I and Fran hosted a social after the ride at cabin 47. Pizza and ice cream was on the official menu, but there was another power cut in the afternoon, so the ladies made a quick decision to switch to cold cuts, etc. and it worked out well.
On Monday, six of us (Wild Bill, Deb, Emil and Sherrie sharing a 250, Steve, and I) led by Wild Bill explored some of his favorite local roads and gravel pull-offs, going south, then made our way back to the lake via 143, 50, 93, 382, 56, and 287. On our return, Pat and and Fran prepared the pizzas we'd missed on Sunday, and served more ice cream at cabin 56.
I believe that I rode about 450 miles over the four days. It would have been five days, but Steve and I opted to spend Thursday afternoon exploring Iron Pony.
Sky Cloud Tire Wheel Plant
Wheel Tire Sky Bicycle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Bicycle Plant Tire Sky Wheel
Cloud Plant Sky Fence Natural landscape
Plant Sky People in nature Natural environment Natural landscape

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Bus
Tire Wheel Building Sky Plant

Reactions: Guba

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So now the question. What happened to BOB? Who did he go home with?
Shoe Automotive tire Motor vehicle Leg Tripod

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
So now the question. What happened to BOB? Who did he go home with?
😱😱 Bob is missing!! 😟

I miss the old forum.

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
740 Posts
I saw him with Dave last.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts