Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if all bikes have this! I've been riding off and on for a while but this is my first bike that's mine and not borrowed so you can imagine I have not been on many different bikes as most people don't let anyone ride their bikes! Can't blame them since my brother wrecked and totaled a friend's brand new ninja once! So I was looking and noticed this and maybe they all have it and I never noticed or just some do but I'm not sure what it's meant for!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tread Rim

Yes it's dirty! It was parked when I bought it and now that she's running I'm waiting for the weekend to clean her up real good!

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,737 Posts
yes all bikes I've known have one,, it's the helmet lock.. key draws the chromed shaft/rod back, insert double D rings of helmet strap and close shaft, remove key..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes all bikes I've known have one,, it's the helmet lock.. key draws the chromed shaft/rod back, insert double D rings of helmet strap and close shaft, remove key..
I was wondering if it was for a helmet! If I go in somewhere I've always just carried the helmet with me!! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
31,333 Posts
It's located near the mufflers. Be sure you don't melt your helmet!

Reactions: rickybug

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,113 Posts
Also, the straps are generally nylon, so they'll melt too!

·
Registered
2002 Honda rebel 250
177 Posts
My helmet doesn't have D rings. Maybe I can sell the helmet lock 🤣🤣🤣

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,737 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,333 Posts
Helmets without double D rings aren't safe and are usually poor quality, often seen on "brain buckets".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts