Honda Rebel Forum banner
3161 - 3165 of 3165 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Rebel 250
3 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. I don't understand why people make comments such as those about "going through mid-life crisis". In my opinion, riding a motorcycle makes you very keenly aware of responsibilities of a driver and have fun doing it. Enjoy your Rebel.
Thank you! Absolutely!

·
Registered
2002 Honda rebel 250
4 Posts
hello all, i bought my 2002 rebel 250 five days ago. 'bout 16,000 miles, 19yrs old, and it looks splendid! Candy apple red & chrome... looks all of 1 yr. old!
in 1976 i had a honda cm350; man i loved that bike. i was a house painter and got a new job, where the boss wouldn't let me drive it to work. very rich customers, north shore long island ( think Gatsby). 1977 - also my first child. responsibility told me i had to sell it.
so, at 67 after a bit of lung cancer, emphysema, peripheral neuropathy in my feet, cirrhosis, and kidney failure... i'm "back in the saddle again"! woo hoo!!! BUT, i'm taking it slow; just around the neighborhood. i'd like to find an empty parking lot to practice my slow ride and stop, etc. - for that i need to go on a pretty busy main road. i'll get there.
i find myself feeling a bit 'cramped' on the bike; as if i'm too tall. (i'm 5'9"- 240 lbs.) anyone else feel that way? does it, perhaps go away? reading a few posts, i got the idea of putting on a different seat to sit taller. any feedback on that would be appreciated.
i think i wrote enough! - thanx all, Rick

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
302 Posts
1st, welcome to the forum.
I felt a little cramped at 1st, but now I've gotten used to it. Also I did replace the seat for a HD Ulrta Touring seat. This along with highway pegs makes riding great.
There are many after market seats available. Might be good to type "replacement seat" in the search bar above.

·
Super Moderator
30,544 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Member Wilson in Tennessee puts a Suzuki Boulevard C50 seat on all his rebels. Finds them on ebay for around $40. Those things are wide, look very comfy, and put the rider back and up. All it takes to fit the Rebel is trim the front tongue, add plastic spacers to adjust seat angle, and drill two holes in the rear fender. If I didn't need the rear rack on my bike, I'd have one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
hello all, i bought my 2002 rebel 250 five days ago. 'bout 16,000 miles, 19yrs old, and it looks splendid! Candy apple red & chrome... looks all of 1 yr. old!
in 1976 i had a honda cm350; man i loved that bike. i was a house painter and got a new job, where the boss wouldn't let me drive it to work. very rich customers, north shore long island ( think Gatsby). 1977 - also my first child. responsibility told me i had to sell it.
so, at 67 after a bit of lung cancer, emphysema, peripheral neuropathy in my feet, cirrhosis, and kidney failure... i'm "back in the saddle again"! woo hoo!!! BUT, i'm taking it slow; just around the neighborhood. i'd like to find an empty parking lot to practice my slow ride and stop, etc. - for that i need to go on a pretty busy main road. i'll get there.
i find myself feeling a bit 'cramped' on the bike; as if i'm too tall. (i'm 5'9"- 240 lbs.) anyone else feel that way? does it, perhaps go away? reading a few posts, i got the idea of putting on a different seat to sit taller. any feedback on that would be appreciated.
i think i wrote enough! - thanx all, Rick
Welcome to the club Rick. I am getting back in after my heart surgery. We may not ride again if we wait too long. As for the height, Rebel's not yours or mine, the Rebel has the dubious distinction of making me feel that I am too tall for the bike. I am not more than 5'6" on a good day.

3161 - 3165 of 3165 Posts