Honda Rebel Forum banner
3161 - 3180 of 3189 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Rebel 250
3 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. I don't understand why people make comments such as those about "going through mid-life crisis". In my opinion, riding a motorcycle makes you very keenly aware of responsibilities of a driver and have fun doing it. Enjoy your Rebel.
Thank you! Absolutely!

·
Registered
2002 Honda rebel 250
29 Posts
hello all, i bought my 2002 rebel 250 five days ago. 'bout 16,000 miles, 19yrs old, and it looks splendid! Candy apple red & chrome... looks all of 1 yr. old!
in 1976 i had a honda cm350; man i loved that bike. i was a house painter and got a new job, where the boss wouldn't let me drive it to work. very rich customers, north shore long island ( think Gatsby). 1977 - also my first child. responsibility told me i had to sell it.
so, at 67 after a bit of lung cancer, emphysema, peripheral neuropathy in my feet, cirrhosis, and kidney failure... i'm "back in the saddle again"! woo hoo!!! BUT, i'm taking it slow; just around the neighborhood. i'd like to find an empty parking lot to practice my slow ride and stop, etc. - for that i need to go on a pretty busy main road. i'll get there.
i find myself feeling a bit 'cramped' on the bike; as if i'm too tall. (i'm 5'9"- 240 lbs.) anyone else feel that way? does it, perhaps go away? reading a few posts, i got the idea of putting on a different seat to sit taller. any feedback on that would be appreciated.
i think i wrote enough! - thanx all, Rick

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
1,013 Posts
1st, welcome to the forum.
I felt a little cramped at 1st, but now I've gotten used to it. Also I did replace the seat for a HD Ulrta Touring seat. This along with highway pegs makes riding great.
There are many after market seats available. Might be good to type "replacement seat" in the search bar above.

·
Super Moderator
30,955 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Member Wilson in Tennessee puts a Suzuki Boulevard C50 seat on all his rebels. Finds them on ebay for around $40. Those things are wide, look very comfy, and put the rider back and up. All it takes to fit the Rebel is trim the front tongue, add plastic spacers to adjust seat angle, and drill two holes in the rear fender. If I didn't need the rear rack on my bike, I'd have one.

Reactions: Bokobob

·
Registered
199 Posts
hello all, i bought my 2002 rebel 250 five days ago. 'bout 16,000 miles, 19yrs old, and it looks splendid! Candy apple red & chrome... looks all of 1 yr. old!
in 1976 i had a honda cm350; man i loved that bike. i was a house painter and got a new job, where the boss wouldn't let me drive it to work. very rich customers, north shore long island ( think Gatsby). 1977 - also my first child. responsibility told me i had to sell it.
so, at 67 after a bit of lung cancer, emphysema, peripheral neuropathy in my feet, cirrhosis, and kidney failure... i'm "back in the saddle again"! woo hoo!!! BUT, i'm taking it slow; just around the neighborhood. i'd like to find an empty parking lot to practice my slow ride and stop, etc. - for that i need to go on a pretty busy main road. i'll get there.
i find myself feeling a bit 'cramped' on the bike; as if i'm too tall. (i'm 5'9"- 240 lbs.) anyone else feel that way? does it, perhaps go away? reading a few posts, i got the idea of putting on a different seat to sit taller. any feedback on that would be appreciated.
i think i wrote enough! - thanx all, Rick
Welcome to the club Rick. I am getting back in after my heart surgery. We may not ride again if we wait too long. As for the height, Rebel's not yours or mine, the Rebel has the dubious distinction of making me feel that I am too tall for the bike. I am not more than 5'6" on a good day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
My name is Uday, 46 years Old. I live in Cypress TX. A month back I got 2021 Honda Rebel 500 ABS SE. This is my first bike in US. I used ride motorcycles when I was in India.
-Uday

·
Super Moderator
30,955 Posts
Welcome. This forum deals with the first two generations of Rebels (1985-87 and 1996-2016. The forum for your bike is hondarebel3forum.com

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
1,013 Posts
Welcome Uday, here to the USA, & to the forum. Unfortunately as
flitecontrol said, most of us don't have 3rd generation Rebels.
Enjoy your ride safely 😎

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi All,
My name is Uday, 46 years Old. I live in Cypress TX. A month back I got 2021 Honda Rebel 500 ABS SE. This is my first bike in US. I used ride motorcycles when I was in India.
-Uday
Welcome to the forum Uday. Forum elders have already directed you to the forum most useful to you. A brand new bike offers you a clean slate and an opportunity to know your bike thoroughly without having to second guess the condition of your bike since it has had no pervious owners.

What kind of bikes did you have in India?

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hi, I'm matt from Australia this is my bargin buy 1987 single carb cmx250 new to the Honda scene and its missing a few parts.

·
Registered
2002 Honda rebel 250
29 Posts
Hey Matt, welcome. I myself only got my rebel bout 6 weeks ago; I love it... except for the 'cramped' feel. Cool look on your bike 👍. I like the seat, I'm guessing you don't know what kind it is. And I've never seen a fender wrap like that. There are many guys here that know most everything about rebels, so ask away!
Rick (from Seattle area)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Matt, welcome. I myself only got my rebel bout 6 weeks ago; I love it... except for the 'cramped' feel. Cool look on your bike 👍. I like the seat, I'm guessing you don't know what kind it is. And I've never seen a fender wrap like that. There are many guys here that know most everything about rebels, so ask away!
Rick (from Seattle area)
Yeah I'm unsure on the seat I picked this up on sunday at a swap meet for $350.00 and yeah its feels a little cramped but I just moved the handle bars up slightly,I've been looking at the drag style bars that might make it feel more comfortable, and thanks mate.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi, I'm matt from Australia this is my bargin buy 1987 single carb cmx250 new to the Honda scene and its missing a few parts.
Welcome Matt. Smartly dressed bike. A steal at t $AUD 350.

Just this afternoon, my son was saying tat he would love to ride a bike down under. He was offered a job in Alice Springs but turned it down. I worked on your AWD in Adelaide more than a dozen years ago,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome to the Forum ALL Newcomers Truly Think you'll Love it Here Very Friendly and Knowledgeable Group who are More than Willing to HELP each other Out RIDE SAFE to ALL

·
Registered
43 Posts
G
I'm not a new rider. I've been riding since I was 9 years old! However, when it came time to buy a 'commuter' (Igot tired of filling up the Grand Cherokee every week to go to work) I was happy to jump on the Rebel. It's just the right size, it gets AWESOME gas mileage and it's a good looking bike!

BTW....My real name is Cathy, I live in Southern California and just purchased a new (yup...new out of the box) 2001 Rebel, sapphire blue.
GIRL POWER

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone I'm Jaime (Bakersfield, CA) I just got a 2016 Honda Rebel 250 and honestly I know little to nothing about bikes but I've always enjoyed riding. I came across this forum while trying to find parts for my bike and loved how knowledgeable/helpful everyone is. looking forward to learning more about my bike (first Bike!!!)

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,499 Posts
Hey everyone I'm Jaime (Bakersfield, CA) I just got a 2016 Honda Rebel 250 and honestly I know little to nothing about bikes but I've always enjoyed riding. I came across this forum while trying to find parts for my bike and loved how knowledgeable/helpful everyone is. looking forward to learning more about my bike (first Bike!!!)
Welcome to the forum @Espana009
We all started out knowing little to nothing..

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Welcome to The Forum , and as you learn you can help others too. That's basically what we've all done.
To Add to HalfbreedCharlie, I always say the day we stop learning that the day we died. Reportedly, even Einstein was doing calculations to try to figure out why a fly was walking in that particular path on the ceiling as he was laying on his Deathbed.

·
Super Moderator
30,955 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you haven't taken a basic rider course, it's the best way to learn the fundamentals.

3161 - 3180 of 3189 Posts