Honda Rebel Forum banner

3121 - 3131 of 3131 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good luck with the project! These bikes are so damn durable I dig em.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the newly added introduction forum. Stop in a tell about yourself and about your bike (s)

Hi All,

I just picked up this beauty earlier today. I wasn't necessarily looking but have been wanting to get back on 2 wheels after a long time away. 7166 original miles and seems to run well. She'll need tires right away (original tires on there). No rear indicators so I'll need to find a pair of those, and also needs rear view mirrors. Looks like the brake handle assembly on the right has been replaced with aftermarket and there isn't a receiver for the mirror. Can someone snap a picture of the assembly showing mirror attachment for me? I'd appreciate it. :) Thanks and HELLO!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,469 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Don't have a pic, but the mirror mounts are integral in the (stock) brake master cylinder housing and clutch lever housing. If there are some 10mm threaded holes in both of those, that's where the mirrors mount.

·
Super Moderator
7,823 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

Reactions: Wunu

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Don't have a pic, but the mirror mounts are integral in the (stock) brake master cylinder housing and clutch lever housing. If there are some 10mm threaded holes in both of those, that's where the mirrors mount.
Thanks Flitecontrol, This is what I have (pic) so it's something aftermarket as suspected. I appreciate the input I was having a hard time finding pics online that would enlarge the view well enough. What you had to say about it is the info I was after. I ordered a replacement MC that has the threaded hole. Also, thanks for the 10mm info. I was assuming that but wasn't willing to order mirrors without confirming and my manual hasn't arrived yet. I appreciate the reply. :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,469 Posts
Honda is among the majority of Japanese motorcycle manufacturers that makes both mirrors with a clockwise insertion. Think Suzuki is the only one with left and right side mirrors.

Reactions: Wunu

·
Registered
7 Posts
Flitecontrol this is super helpful to me. I automatically thought they'd be right and left. Glad you let me know.

·
Registered
2002 Rebel CMX250c Black
2 Posts
Good morning
Mid Atlantic East Coast USA, Maryland
Just got a 2002 CMX250C in Black, pretty stick, prob keep it that way...for now. Trying to find some parts, why cant I have more than 1 conversation reply?

·
Super Moderator
29,469 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your question has me curious; how may different members are you trying to have conversations with, or are you referring to something other than what the forum administrators here call a "conversation", a.k.a. a personal message?

·
Registered
2002 Rebel CMX250c Black
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your question has me curious; how may different members are you trying to have conversations with, or are you referring to something other than what the forum administrators here call a "conversation", a.k.a. a personal message?
Just one member, it was a direct message and conversation with that member regarding one of their posts about parts.

·
Super Moderator
29,469 Posts
You should be able to receive and send multiple responses to a conversation. Sending you a test conversation.

3121 - 3131 of 3131 Posts