Honda Rebel Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3131 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,801 Posts
Welcome! Your Rebel should be able to keep up with traffic but some prefer to use a larger bike on the highway for comfort.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hellooooo everyone! Honda Rebel girl here! Thank you for the add. Reading all of these helpful post regarding maintenance, troubleshooting, myth and facts!
I’ve never taken my baby out on the highway because of wandering if she could keep up with traffic considering windy conditions/ rain / etc
On the flat parts of the interstate I can get to 82mph, downhill and/or a strong tailwind gets a little more.
uphill I can mostly do 70-75 depending on the grade, to the west closer to the mountains with steeper uphill grades it might be only 65, legal speed limit on that stretch.
It's more a psychological discomfort to be going full out and have nothing left to roll on and race ahead if needed. stay mostly to the right and be in no hurry to end your enjoyment of riding, and its fine and dandy. :grin2:

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Having just done 2500 km of interstate riding in 2 days. I could not imagine trying to do that on a Rebel. Top speed is one thing, but all day easy cruising speed is another. Highway traffic was typically moving 75-80 mph, up hill and downhill. It is stressful on the rider to be at the end of your performance string all the time, which is the situation for a Rebel on the highway. Every time someone passes you, its a chance for an accident to happen, so its going to be more dangerous to ride the highways on a slower bike than on one than can easily flow with traffic. That said, it can be done if you just stay to the right and keep your nose clean.

Reactions: kryton

·
Super Moderator
29,469 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Riding an 1985 Rebel. Got her in 2004 from my dad in-law with 600 miles on it. We moved a lot (Germany and lots in the States), the Rebel currently has around 14K miles on it. New fenders/tank as the NC sun was too much 14 years ago :) Also a new chain and riding any day I get off of kid-hauling duty. Up here in NH the Summer is short, but it is still oh so fun to ride.

·
Super Moderator
3,801 Posts
Welcome wilhelmwanders !

·
Registered
3 Posts
What's up guys and gals. Just bought my first 86 cmx450 after being a Harley guy for many years. My plan is to makeshift Bob it (the wife wants to ride so Im forbidden to remove the rear seat) and just enjoy the simple life of not that many electronics 👍 I'm always looking for knowledge on this style and happy to be here!

·
Super Moderator
3,801 Posts
Welcome RoboRebel450!

·
Super Moderator
7,823 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

·
Super Moderator
29,469 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Welcome RoboRebel450 and Good 4 the Missus!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello from sunny (today) northern Illinois!! I bought my first three bikes all in the past month. The first is a 2000 Buell Blast, the second being a brand new 2008 Bashan 150cc scooter (going to be making it into a "Mad Max" Grom clone, and as of this week, a beautiful 2005 Rebel 250! ♥

Stay tuned for some fun :D

Reactions: mnw

·
Super Moderator
29,469 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
7,823 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Welcome Miss and we want to see pictures of the bikes :D

·
Super Moderator
29,469 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The 450 is a nice bike.

·
Super Moderator
7,823 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride. The 450 is a great bike Enjoy it

3081 - 3100 of 3131 Posts