Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m trying to find a new intake manifold for my ‘86 Honda rebel 450 and cannot seem to find any as they no longer make them. It is broken (as seen in picture below) and am wondering if there is anyway to re-attach and/or hold together so I can drive my bike.

·
Super Moderator
29,673 Posts
Epoxy/JB Weld might work. Be sure to follow directions about prepping the surfaces to be mated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This might sound crazy but is used to repair carbon fiber airplane propellers,
Crazy glue and throw baking power on it after the parts are butted.

·
Registered
156 Posts
This might sound crazy but is used to repair carbon fiber airplane propellers,
Crazy glue and throw baking power on it after the parts are butted.
That's actually a great trick and I want to recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it. I poke a hole in the corner of a baking soda box and sprinkle it over the cyanoacrylate repair. You can also build up reinforcement layers upon layers with this method. I haven't tried but I'll bet you can repair stripped aluminum threads this way if you are equipped to drill and retap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's actually a great trick and I want to recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it. I poke a hole in the corner of a baking soda box and sprinkle it over the cyanoacrylate repair. You can also build up reinforcement layers upon layers with this method. I haven't tried but I'll bet you can repair stripped aluminum threads this way if you are equipped to drill and retap.
I repaired a pressure washer metal hose nipple into plastic this way. Used it a few times with great success. I like to spread the word on fixes like this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I repaired a pressure washer metal hose nipple into plastic this way. Used it a few times with great success. I like to spread the word on fixes like this.
Don't know about that, but if it is the right side, I have the pipe. I replaced it with the last new one in the system 5 years ago. The old pipe has some rash on the under side but looks good otherwise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts