Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello yall so I have a 86 rebel 250 I'm in the process of doing a pod filter conversion. I'm getting ready to take the carb off to soak then rejet it with a ebay kit from a trusted source/youtuber. I want to know what should I do with my crank case breather tube. Is there a way to reroute it back into the filter. Should I just put a "vent to atmosphere" filter or should I just scrap the whole system. Let me know your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Having seen how most pod filter mods come out, I would suggest you scrap the pod filter idea. Here's why. Venting the breather hose to atmosphere sucks contaminants directly into the engine with every cycle of the pistons. Plugging the hose greatly increases internal engine pressure, which can blow out the left side oil seal, resulting in rapid loss of engine oil. The "best" alternative is to put a smaller pod filter on the breather tube. However, those filters rapidly collect oily goo on the inside, which cannot be seen without removing the filter. When that filter gets clogged, this also results in blowing out the left side seal.

Those are my thoughts. Your bike, your decision.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts