Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to wire up a 6 wire switch into the original 4 wire setup? I can't find a four wire switch anywhere.

The original design has an ON / OFF switch but the new switches have Off/Aux/On and two extra wires.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,904 Posts
Honda Rebel 6 wire switch internal connections..

Off grounds Black/White to Green disabling CDI from providing spark
I or On connects Red to Black the Red is coming from main fuse Black supplies power to all bike 12v systems..
I or On also connected Brown/White to Brown was for tail light which you don't need with 4 wire hookup
as you don't have P Parking option which lit tail light while disabling CDI on 2nd gen forget about it..

So all you need to hookup is battery Red to Red/Black on 2nd gen harness which supplies power to fuse panel and Black/White to Green ground which disables CDI

Don't rely on aftermarket switch wire colors to be the same as OEM

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda Rebel 6 wire switch internal connections..
View attachment 110265
Off grounds Black/White to Green disabling CDI from providing spark
I or On connects Red to Black the Red is coming from main fuse Black supplies power to all bike 12v systems..
I or On also connected Brown/White to Brown was for tail light which you don't need with 4 wire hookup
as you don't have P Parking option which lit tail light while disabling CDI on 2nd gen forget about it..

View attachment 110267

So all you need to hookup is battery Red to Red/Black on 2nd gen harness which supplies power to fuse panel and Black/White to Green ground which disables CDI

Don't rely on aftermarket switch wire colors to be the same as OEM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts