Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m looking to wire in an accessory USB port so I can charge my phone because go’s drains the battery’s quick does anyone know of an in expensive way to do this

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would just buy one of the many $15 gadets that are around, unless you want to risk frying your phone.

Also be careful of how many amp's it's going to draw, the Rebel doesn't have the strongest charging system, you don't want to overload it.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
I installed a BikeMaster USB charging port. It wires right to the battery. It comes with it's own fuse too. I used 2 black zip ties to attach it.
I wouldn't use it for extended charge times, as mentioned the battery has a small charge capacity, only 2 amp hours. But it's good for getting directions with your phone for a few minutes or so. If you do kill the battery, you can still do a push start to get the Reb running again.

Definitely DO NOT ride around with your phone plugged in. The Reb vibrates too much which makes any solid plug connections a no go. The result is a burned up electronics device. I found this out the hard way with a GPS.

·
Registered
2002 Honda Rebel CMX250
2 Posts
You could just use a portable charge pack. Its kind of a hassle to carry more stuff but at least you wont mess with the bike itself

1 - 5 of 5 Posts