Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A milk crate wont work because of the exhaust. Has someone made some adapters to a crate/box that will support the bike while working on the forks/wheels/chain?

·
Super Moderator
29,477 Posts
Do a tag search for bike lift. Several threads on this subject.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I prefer to use something I have, make it, possibly modify something??? Used MILK Crates w/the dirt bikes yrs ago, but this exhaust is in the way for some sort of FLAT top box. Was HOPING someone on the list had made something to lift the bike maybe 2-5"s via the frame rails under the motor.

·
Super Moderator
29,477 Posts
They have. You'd find it with a tag search.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant figure out HOW to do a tag search. I tried bike lift and got nothing relevant. Thanks, George

·
Super Moderator
29,477 Posts
I cant figure out HOW to do a tag search. I tried bike lift and got nothing relevant. Thanks, George
Click on the Search tab in the tool bar towards the top of the page, select Tag Search, and enter your query.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read about homemade stands on the NET- then looked under the engine some; basically just need to configure some wood so that it pushes on the motor and frame behind the motor- plan to use a 2x6 to fit under the center of the engine cases between the exhaust pipes and another maybe 2x4 to sit under the mounts for the center stand behind the engine; then connect them in a kind of T, may need to add another piece of 2x6 on the bottom of those two for added clearance on the pipes. but with that in place, I can just jack it up with a scissors or floor jack.

Still not sure how to find the search- I dont think you mean the google search boxes that are in the top right; I did try the search and adv search in the forums, but didnt see what you described. I think of this are the tool bar at the top of each page: HOME FORUMS ACTIVE TOPICS NEW POSTS GALLERY GARAGE TOOLS INSURANCE ADVERTISE, but dont see a SEARCH TAB, so I cant see select TAG SEARCH????

Sorry, Im slow! george

·
Registered
'09 Rebel, '19 Baja Pulsar 180, '04 Hardley XL 883 Sportster
39 Posts
Don't understand the big deal ? I simply use a scissor jack under the connecting plate on the swing-arm. If I need to raise it high, I just put a block under the kick-stand. Been doing this for yrs. and wondered why it seems to be a big problem ? Fast & easy.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Funny, today I was lookng under my Nighthawk and thinking about how I"d make a perch for a stand, then remember that Ive usually used my scissors jack on the swing arm too. Did that again today, worked fine!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts