Honda Rebel Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
CMX1100
5 Posts
Cosmos

Every time I see a flashing light on the front of a bike, I want to run them down. Ever wonder how many cagers feel that way?

·
Registered
1985 CMX 250C, 1982 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly.
30 Posts
I kinda made this into a GW Rebel, (many mods). I took these pics & hope the lights can be seen, I should've turned them on. I found the part# for the red LED, 70752. I also have 2 aux Pro Strobe LED headlights on the front attached on the windshield bolts. For the hazards, I made a plate under the Ignition switch with a push button on/off switch. I plan on putting a momentary switch for these next to the horn switch.
And Yes that is an Electroglide Ultra Classic touring seat, VLX Shadow sissy/luggage rack (brakets reversed to fit), & a Kawasaki 900 Vulcan windscreen by National Cycle. Total wet weight with saddlebags full, 400 lbs. 200 miles on the average day 2 up in comfort. People rarely "don't see" me.
Enjoy the ride. But Remember... You are invisible, treat all others accordingly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to make my bike more visble (day or night) from the rear. I just don't think the running brake light is bright enough and the reflectors are quite small.

Any ideas?
I purchased Brake Free (the guy was on Shark Tank) and mounted to the back of my bike box. It can also be put on the back of one’s helmet. I also purchased Smart Brake Module that wires directly into brake line. Both are GREAT devices and let people behind you know you are slowing down (engine braking) or increase the visibility when you do brake.

·
Registered
1985 CMX 250C, 1982 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly.
30 Posts
I kinda made this into a GW Rebel, (many mods). I took these pics & hope the lights can be seen, I should've turned them on. I found the part# for the red LED, 70752. I also have 2 aux Pro Strobe LED headlights on the front attached on the windshield bolts. For the hazards, I made a plate under the Ignition switch with a push button on/off switch. I plan on putting a momentary switch for these next to the horn switch.
And Yes that is an Electroglide Ultra Classic touring seat, VLX Shadow sissy/luggage rack (brakets reversed to fit), & a Kawasaki 900 Vulcan windscreen by National Cycle. Total wet weight with saddlebags full, 400 lbs. 200 miles on the average day 2 up in comfort. People rarely "don't see" me.
Enjoy the ride. But Remember... You are invisible, treat all others accordingly.

I just took some pics with the lights on in the garage.
With the Headlamp on, the front lights appear dim. They are not. Like I said before, when the fuse holder for my headlight broke, I was able to drive with plenty of light to see at 65mph at night.The person behind me pulled off the same exit ramp & told me that the rear hazards were almost blinding.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cosmos

Every time I see a flashing light on the front of a bike, I want to run them down. Ever wonder how many cagers feel that way?
Please see my latest post. I put pics with the lights on. I'm not too skilled yet with these forums. Please pardon my ineptitude.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The website I believe is prostrobe.ca. Search for an individual to email. They are very happy to help. I say that because finding the lights now on the internet or stores will probably be fruitless.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is one added word of caution. Do not use an unregulated battery charger while using the LED's. If the voltage is above 14 V they will blow out with an expensive pop.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I decided that I wanted more of these Strobe lights for future use. I contacted the company. They have stopped making these. Each time I find something that I really like, it quickly becomes obsolete.
Sorry to have wasted your time.

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
Not a waste of time at all. It may help others look for similar items from other makers, and shows what ingenuity can do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks. I'll try to keep that in mind.
It was a simple set of devices. Now everything has to be complicated in order to make the "now generation" happy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
1 more thing... People say 'Necessity is the mother of invention' I always say without the father, Ingenuity, nothing will be born from all the necessity in the world.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just sent the company that makes these "side markers" a detailed email about the need we have to be seen as well as, how it could be profitable for them to reinstitute production of these markers.
We'll have to wait & see how they reply.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just an update.
Etrailer.com has the white Strobe that I connected to flash at the same time that the horn sounds.
I still cannot find the amber or red.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts