Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Anyone have the 10 or 14 inch Honda branded saddlebags?
08L04-K87-A31
08L05-K87-A31
If so, are they worth the $$$?
Easy on, easy off, easy to steal?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated !!

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Bags are for third generation Rebels.

·
Registered
1987 CMX250C
1,668 Posts
The 3rd generation Rebel crowd can be found at:
hondarebel3forum.com
nothing about the cmx300 or 500cc remotely resembles 1st or 2nd gen Rebel other than they have internal combustion engines supported by 2 wheels..

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
24 Posts
Yeah, the new Rebel is completely different. Do you have one, or are you looking for saddlebags for a 250? Just asking because I am looking for saddlebags for a 250, and can't seem to find anything that fits the way I want. I'm riding my Rebel to work, and right now I'm using a backpack.

·
Super Moderator
29,852 Posts
Yeah, the new Rebel is completely different. Do you have one, or are you looking for saddlebags for a 250? Just asking because I am looking for saddlebags for a 250, and can't seem to find anything that fits the way I want.
How do you want them to fit? Many bags will fit a Rebel.

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
24 Posts
I can't seem to find anything small enough for the Rebel. The turn signals get in the way. And it looks like they would need to be tied down somehow to prevent them from blowing around.

·
Registered
1987 CMX250C
1,668 Posts
I can't seem to find anything small enough for the Rebel. The turn signals get in the way. And it looks like they would need to be tied down somehow to prevent them from blowing around.
These will fit Length 13 in.
good 6" width.. these bags should be able to hold gallon of milk or 10# of potatoes..

believe the cheap bags I bought decade ago were advertised as 13 1/2" fit just fine..
you will need brackets to keep bags from swinging into wheel, rear brake linkage on right side especially..

·
Super Moderator
29,852 Posts
I've got some larger bags on my Rebel. They're mounted far enough forward that the turn signals aren't a problem, and I used short sections of PVC pipe (painted black) behind the brackets to hold them off the shocks, which requires some longer mounting bolts. Since I don't need to remove them, I used clamps around the brackets and a sheet of metal inside the bag to bolt them in place and keep the side of the bag from caving in. Guba has even larger bags on his bike.

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
24 Posts
Something like this is what I had in mind. They bolt on, so they fit straight, and shouldn't move around. You do have to relocate the turn signals, but I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to do that. I would want to use the stock turn signals. Not a fan of clear or smoked turn signals. And neither is the CHP.
Viking Bags Thor Series on 1985 Honda Rebel - YouTube

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
24 Posts
Thanks for the information. I decided to give up on the saddlebag idea for now. I'm going to put an M/C Enterprises backrest and luggage rack on it, and attach a barrel type bag to the luggage rack. I can also put a bag on the passenger seat and tie it to the backrest, which will give me something to lean back against.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts