Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i wanted to pick at your brains regards to successfully moding a 250 rebel in to a true cafe racer. Anyone have any experience with these sort of mods? Chopper and bobber is easy enough, testament to the frame etc, but the cafe racer lines are much different! I'm sure they would make awesome cafe's - light,quick, etc! Love to get your take and experience on the issue, possible pics, place to buy parts etc.:thumb::Thanx:

·
Super Moderator
13,126 Posts
A Nighthawk 250 is a much better platform to start with if you want a cafe racer.

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
The Rebel is a cruiser... For a Cafe racer you need a much higher seat so you can get your feet back under your hips. This is a problem with a cruiser frame. It's been done, but as noted , it's not easy. Best to start with something already closer to what you want at the end of the day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best thing about being a mechanic is you get to see sooooooooo many things and learn from guys that do crazy stuff or just plane out see things differently. If you look at an 88 cb250 frame and a 97 cmx250 frame...... you’ll laugh. Yes a few minor and maybe 1 or 2 major mods will need to be done. Drop the triple on the forks, get 2.5” longer rear shocks, chain obviously, handle bars, add some reinforcements to the upper pipe from front to about 18” back, and either you make a large wrap-around style seat or you weld a few pieces of pipe to create a new seat frame area which will cost no more than $75 in pipe and if you do the bending, cutting and fitting of it then a welder should do it for ya at a reasonable price. Either way I’m doing it and testing the waters. I will post the pics up here.

·
Super Moderator
4,123 Posts
i'd like to see the before / after pics - thanks

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
302 Posts
I like to FraNkenbike too! But..... most of mine just bolt on.
Yes! Before & After pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts