Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
oem verses aftermarket air cut off valve

I am hoping someone here on the forum be able to get a measurement for me. The original factory cmx450c (discontinued) carb air cut off valve, length of the needle.

My carbs already had aftermarket air cut offs installed, but appear to be too long in the needle department.

Attached is a pic of the K&L valve that I plan on using, unless there is a better option? If anyone is interested the K&L supply part number is 18-2796. Of course reusing the original spring and wont need the oring that is included.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
From the large flat washer that holds the diaphragm is .247
two hundred and forty seven thousandths

·
Registered
22 Posts
Could you post a picture of it? Is it thicker? With or without a ball shaped tip? And thank you Old School, very much for your efforts on this....and so much more on this forum.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Could you post a picture of it? Is it thicker? With or without a ball shaped tip? And thank you Old School, very much for your efforts on this....and so much more on this forum.
Your very welcome for what little help I am able to give!
The stock OEM air cut valve looks just like the one you have posted in post #1
so there is not really any need to post another picture.

·
Administrator
4,989 Posts
I just got my '86 CMX450 registered for the first time and the registration says the base price is $8999 - I thought no way that can't be right. It was only $35 to register for the year so maybe that's the minimum and they can't look up the actual price any longer.

$1800 - $2000 sounds more reasonable

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.