Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am looking for a replacement Neutral/OD switch for my rebel 450. I am fairly sure its from 87 but I dont know if its a C or an AC.

Also I should add that I am in europe (The netherlands) and from what I can tell this bike was imported in 1990.

I have found 2 part numbers for the neutral/overdrive switch "35752-mm2-003" and "35752-mm2-010" but I have no idea what the difference is or which one goes on my motorcycle.

The number printed on the right side of the engine near this switch is "PC17E 2101905" I think this is the engine's serial number.

Also in the event of having to bipass this switch how would I go about that?

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
I have had the same problem. The copper plunger on the switch wares down over time. I haven't been able to find one so to check to see if in neutral I let the clutch out to see if I was in gear or not. The clutch has a neutral switch so you can start in gear if needed. I have looked at a couple of Motorcycle parts places and i can't find what you need.
Have a great day

·
Super Moderator
3,768 Posts
Is the neutral and OD detected from the same switch? That poorly designed looking thing sticking out of the crankcase on the right behind the jugs is the OD switch. Didn't know it also was the neutral switch. Mine needs a new rubber - I don't ride in the rain so it's ok but I've been trying to discover a replacement rubber boot - maybe shrink wrap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts