Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner

Honda Rebel 250 through Central America

Tags
travel
2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Yaatri 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! My wife (pillion) and I (rider) just took our 2009 Honda Rebel 250 through several states and countries! Our trip started in Arizona and drove through, New Mexico, Texas, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama. On the way back home, we did the same in reverse (minus El Salvador and Belize). The entire trip was ~14,000 miles and took about 3 1/2 months.

The purpose of this post is to express and share my love for this bike. Not a single time did we ever run into any failures or issues. Our Rebel got us through so much madness!! Like the time we had to ride through dense traffic in Mexico City or drive for hours down and up extremely steep hills in Guatemala or ride through endless tropical rainstorms in Panama and even proved to be off-road capable by riding through at least a thousand miles of bumpy dirt roads throughout Central America.

If anyone is every doubting the reliability or concerned that this bike can't handle these type of rides.... I can assure you, the Rebel is practically indestructible :cool: Maybe everyone already knew that? ;)

For proof, I am sharing some pictures of the trip:

At the border of Panama and Costa Rica
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

At the border of Honduras and Nicaragua
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle

Taking a breather in a small town in Honduras
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Literally rode on a beach in Costa Rica
Cloud Tire Plant Sky Wheel

At the border between Guatemala and Mexico
Tire Sky Wheel Land vehicle Plant

In front of a jungle cat caution sign (you don't see this in the U.S.A!!)
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky

The Rebel in front of an active volcano in Nicaragua
Tire Sky Wheel Plant Plant community

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you for this post! Beautiful pictures, esp. near the Jungle cat sign. I don't think that I'd have stopped, let alone let my wife get that far from me to take a picture.:eek: 14,000 miles on country roads sounds like a dream ride!
Welcome to the forum too!

Reactions: Sk8withaguitar
#10 ·
Yep! Truthfully, it was slightly uncomfortable for her at first -- we would have to take breaks every 30'ish minutes. But after 2 weeks of riding everyday, she could sit for 3-4 hours before needing a break. The human buttocks adapts quickly and can become surprisingly resilient!

#11 ·
After looking at picture number 5, it didn't look like an original seat. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong?

#12 ·
Hmm that is a great observation. So I personally never changed the passenger seat. It could be possible that the prior owner changed it? 🤔 Though after going down a google rabbit hole, I am seeing that the "stock" seats that are being sold on Ebay and other sites are exactly the same that I have on my bike. Here is a close up of the seat:

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Attachments

#13 ·
Thanks! That is the stock seat. My wife could never have done that!

#15 · (Edited)
I put a Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic seat FLHTCU(2008) on my 85. My wife loves it. Very thick very big seat for her. Take a look at those. To install it I had to move the tail light under the back fender though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.