Honda Rebel Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the forum- I just got a '06, 250 with 1026mi, and I swapped the tank for a bigger 3.6gal. Took it for a test ride and there is a god awful racket at high RMP's. Figured it was some sort of vibration, and I was right, the new tank is hitting the frame. So I took a piece of rubber and put it between the tank and frame for a temp fix, need to ride to work tomorrow. Anyone else's tank touch the frame and what did you do to fix it?

·
Super Moderator
13,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have heard of that problem before. I think it's just a byproduct of some of the larger Chinese tanks. I'm not sure the best way to fix it but either leave it how you fixed it or use a spacer on the back mounting bolt to raise the tank in the back a little.

·
Super Moderator
7,888 Posts
Welcome to forum .Yes had same problem on my rebel after my resto. fixed it by fitting a 3/8 in thick strip of reinforced rubber [car exhaust hanger strap] 4" long x 2" wide between tank n frame with bolt through centre ,stoped all vibrations in tank

·
Registered
2 Posts
correction on last post, it's a 3.4 tank not 3.6, every drop matters. I got 122.5 on the last tank with about a half a gallon left to burn. I filled up last night, so this is the first full tank. I'm hoping for 200 per tank, if not more.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Rebel CMX250
9 Posts
I’m new to the forum and have to remove my tank to troubleshoot why my bike won’t start. When I follow the instructions above, I get to lifting the tank but there’s another hose that seems to be attached to something I can’t see or feel. Is that some kind of vent? How do I pull the tank with that hose too?

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
hose should slip off metal tube.. yes it is the vent hose

Reactions: adoherty

·
Super Moderator
30,831 Posts
The hose will often come out attached to the tank, then you are facing how to re-route it. The easiest way is to do as SK suggests, reach in and remove it from the tank, and reattach it when installing the tank.

Reactions: adoherty
21 - 30 of 30 Posts