Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
Welcome to the forum. Lithuania, happy to have you here. Hope our group has the knowledge to help you fix it.馃檪

Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
Usually the inner race & the outer race of the bearing have numbers stamped on them that last even through the destruction of the bearings themselves. Use really good magnifiers and look closely at the edge of the bearing.

Premium Member
My dad showed me a trick when I was young, by putting the bearing in the freezer, and when you take it out try to read it immediately. Wipe off the frost quickly, and then the moisture has the tendency to make some of the letters/numbers more legible.
3X power readers are great for this. (at my age I have several of these)馃構
I should have used a different emoji.馃

Premium Member
All of us enjoy these small resilient motorcycles very much! Keeping them on the road, & helping others to enjoy the same is our goal.
Yes, updates would be appreciated. Enjoy the ride!

Premium Member
The method that I have used is hydraulic. I fill the inside of the bearing with grease, And then I use a rod that just barely fits inside the bearing, then hit the rod very quickly with a hammer. The hydraulic pressure pushes the bearing right out. This works well with blind holes.

Premium Member
To my mind, if you're taking it apart already, to check it, & the cost being so low for another one, I'd just replace it whilst in there. But, that's me. And... I'd buy one of the pre-aligned sets. Just pull out the old as a set, & install the new as a set, (making sure to soak it in oil for 8 hours before the job).
Don't forget to check the oil "filter" screen during the process.

Reactions: Alan F.

Premium Member
There were 2 different designs for the Honda rebel 250 clutch activation. Most seem to have the #12 & 13 shown in your picture. The problem is that you are depending on one of the least reliable manuals on the market. Please get a Honda manual. You'll be confused much less often & break fewer bolts.

Premium Member
We obviously have a low opinion of that brand. Some of us don't even like to say the name. Too many errors have been made due to faulty information or the confusing way in which it was presented.

Premium Member
The clutch with normal usage, will last over 20K miles (32K Kilometers). It should only be on its second clutch, possibly still the first.

Premium Member
I just remembered/realized you're talking about a CM250. Still the Honda Service Manual is your best source for accurate information.

Premium Member
I leave polished aluminum bare, that way its patina
Rain gear, you're eventually going to need it.
spare keys to your bike in 2 places just in case.
Patina? No, Verdigris. At least that's what I was taught in School. The internet says that what I was taught is wrong? Hmmmmm...
I agree with most all the rest.

Premium Member
Looks cool! You did a nice job!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts