Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm Mork from Oxford, UK & just recently brought a 450C Rebel 1986 model in original stock & immaculate condition.
Brought this for £1300GBP.

I would like to know, can you get slash cut / screaming eagle type exhausts for it , & would it loose any back pressure & need rejetting (not sure on this) esp if collector box remains, or could I take out the baffles of the mufflers/silencers. I had considered cutting of mufflers at tail end & slotting on som tail end drag ends.

I have seen a pair of slash cuts on the wemoto website I like.
I understand CB400 & SC450 Nighthawk exhausts will fit is this true.

One Question about exhausts is , should it make a popping sound as u deacceralate (as if it is backfiring) is this a wrong air / fuel mixture, I did turn in the air screw a couple of turn which partly cured it.

another question is what other tanks will slot fit straight in, as I find the present tank of 3.1 gallons a little small & would like one of at least 5-6 gallons

What is the widest tye that will fit
thnx
Mork

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
Welcome. I believe Lv. has slash cuts on her 450, but don't recall the manufacturer, or if they still carry them. Here, the stock exhaust is in great demand, and would fetch a good price on ebay. Not aware of any other tanks that will fit without modification. If the stock tank is sound, you could probably sell it for a decent price, or you may want to hang onto it and the stock exhaust in case you ever decide to sell.

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
MAC makes a slash cut system for the 450. Small modification to the collar flanges to make them fit.

As for fuel tanks, if you want something that looks simular to the stock tank you're going to have a bit of a time with that since the 450 tank has a unique shape in the tunnel to accomodate the engine mount bracket. I had been toying with an idea to try and modify a set of 4.5 gallon HD split tanksand make a centre dash to cover the split. Am currently just looking at different tanks to see if that is possible... as for your question, there is nothing bigger that I am aware of that bolts on directly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had Come Across a Picture of a Rebel with a HD twin tank, but there wasn't much info on how it was done or achieved

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Hi DrWho I will be going to the shop tomorrow to take the tank back I just relined. I will look and see if I can find the manufacture information on my slash pipes for you.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Didn't know Honda sent any 450's to the UK.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Ended up at the shop today and checked out the pipes. I could not find any information on the make. Asked the wrench he did not know either. Sorry. You might give Jack a call 352-988-4138 that is where I bought the bike.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Officially No there was NO 450's made for the UK market, only 125/250. all the 450's here , ( I think there is about 500-600 here were either imported or brought over by servicemen & then left here...

there is a UK site called Wemoto the do some pipes called Marvins I'm toying with

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
check the slashcut mufflers in my profile on one of the 450's I bobbed.
I did 2 450's, one with shorties & one with slashcuts.
any good to you? those are fairly well priced (emgo part).
I added a Harley drag pipe baffle to them (slides in behind the existing baffle, one advantage with the slashcuts over the shorties) & that stopped the popping on deceleration that I got on the other 450 with the shorties.
If you chop the pipes where I chopped them, the muffler bracket hooks straight up to the footpeg bracket. You need emgo reducers as well, they come in a pack of 3, you use just one on each side.

one of mine had a 130 tyre & the other had a 150. so i guess 150 would be the widest u could go to.

the purists will tell you not to chop the pipes on a 450 tho :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts