Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always secretly loved the rebel, my aunt had one...

Now I am in the market for one,
To chop Bob dirt rat...& go everywhere. I am tired of talking.

...such clear sound this motor produces... what quality and the beauty of the motor.

Greets, Willem, Venlo Netherlands.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,201 Posts
Welcome willemintattie! Recently another member "in your area" mentioned that they know where 3 are for sale. All need work. 1 is 1st gen. The other 2 are 2nd generation. Might want to see if they reply.
You might want to PM Petrali. Denmark isn't too far, is it?
I do not like chopped, bobbed, or ratted Rebels, but.... once it is yours, you can care for it (or not!) however you please.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Welcome to the brotherhood Willem. This forum has helped me bring my Rebel back to roadworthy condition. They are all very helpful.

Emil, The distance is probably about 400 miles (650 km) to the Germany/Denmark border. I wonder if one can take one's Rebel on a train. Some countries in EU are so small that one can end up in a different country soon after you make a wrong turn. I spent sometime in Luxembourg. I often found myself straying into France, Germany or Belgium, all within a radius of 15 miles.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,201 Posts
Yeah I checked out the distance. It's about 7 hour drive. Depending on where in each country they're coming from and going to. And also we don't know where the motorcycles are that Petrali saw. But for a $200 or less for a Rebel, it might be worth it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yeah I checked out the distance. It's about 7 hour drive. Depending on where in each country they're coming from and going to. And also we don't know where the motorcycles are that Petrali saw. But for a $200 or less for a Rebel, it might be worth it.
Yeah but any place not on the German Danish border will be further north, and hence further away. Venlo is in Southern Netherlands on the German border. And yes, $200 would be really nice if they could find one for that price.

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
That $200 is if you can talk them down to about a dollar CC. There were several discussions going on and I got a little confused which was which. I believe the original price the woman wanted was $500 each. But it's still a good price.

·
Premium Member
1987 rebel 2004 sportster
400 Posts
I always secretly loved the rebel, my aunt had one...

Now I am in the market for one,
To chop Bob dirt rat...& go everywhere. I am tired of talking.

...such clear sound this motor produces... what quality and the beauty of the motor.

Greets, Willem, Venlo Netherlands.
Ik houde van het Nederlands!! Moi. I hope you find your rebel, they are great bikes!

·
Super Moderator
7,971 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome willemintattie! Recently another member "in your area" mentioned that they know where 3 are for sale. All need work. 1 is 1st gen. The other 2 are 2nd generation. Might want to see if they reply.
I do not like chopped, bobbed, or ratted Rebels, but.... once it is yours, you can care for it (or not!) however you please.
...yes yes... Danmark... In my case, from where I live, it's position is crooked. The way there seems rather far, while way back... there i agree, isn't too far. I Find the fenderstruts beautiful. Didn't yet know there are 1st and 2nd generation.
Tanks for Welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the brotherhood Willem. This forum has helped me bring my Rebel back to roadworthy condition. They are all very helpful.

Emil, The distance is probably about 400 miles (650 km) to the Germany/Denmark border. I wonder if one can take one's Rebel on a train. Some countries in EU are so small that one can end up in a different country soon after you make a wrong turn. I spent sometime in Luxembourg. I often found myself straying into France, Germany or Belgium, all within a radius of 15 miles.
Tanks for your welcome Yaatri!
I hope to cross 'em borders like that soon,too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi alls

newbie here as well as new to rebel

(actually i still haven't had one own but really impressed on CMX rebel, so join to discover)

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
Hi alls

newbie here as well as new to rebel

(actually i still haven't had one own but really impressed on CMX rebel, so join to discover)
The average price for a good running Rebel in most areas that I've seen, is around $2000. But, recently I've seen a few 1st generation Rebels for $1000! Really worth it IMO!
P. S. Welcome to the forum!

• Love
Reactions: aaq

·
Super Moderator
7,971 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride when you find one

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
It's a shame that you don't live near Tennessee in the USA. Someone just posted 2 Rebels, an 85 & an 86 together, for $2500, on FB Marketplace. Both running & in great condition!
I'm very tempted, but, I just bought another Rebel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.