Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My name is Robert, Bob for short. I am 26, and have been riding dirt and dual sport bikes for a long time. I recently bought a 2012 Honda Rebel after watching a bunch of Youtube videos about them. It is the first street bike I have owned, though I have ridden a couple before. First thing I discovered is that it is a little small for me. I'm 6' around 220, and wind up sitting right between the two seats. I have ridden it from my home town of Blythe, CA to Palm Springs and back, and it seems to have plenty of power for riding in the right lane with the trucks. It is still completely stock, I want to do some customizing, but I haven't figured out exactly what yet. At first I thought I wanted a bobber, but I'm having second thoughts about that now. Looking forward to see what some members here have done to their Rebels.

·
Super Moderator
29,780 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You might like to raise the seat height and there are several threads on the subject. One member swapped a much larger, more comfortable, seat for the stock seat, which moved his sitting position back and made riding more pleasant.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rebel 250
37 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Once you get started modifying its hard to stop! I got mr rebel last August and first thing i did was change the exhaust. And after that it was on. I changed my mirrors, blinkers, hand grips, foward controls. There's so much you can do to make it more comfortable. I didnt know anything about working on bikes before but my pops and this forum has taught me so much since August I can do it all myself pretty much. I thought I wanted a bobber too. Still not sure yet just going with the flow.

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

1 - 4 of 4 Posts