Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just getting into motorcycling - I just got my first bike. I've been scooting around on a Sym since last year, and while it's a blast (and surprisingly practical for errands).

I rode my friend's MB5 a few times and thought it was fun, so I went out looking for a starter bike. I had a few desires:
  1. under 500cc because it I wanted something to start with
  2. over 125cc because I wanted more power than my Sym (which is actually great around town even considering the hills here)
  3. under $3000 because I'm a cheapskate ;)
  4. a twin because vroom vroom :cool:
  5. UJM styling, especially 70s styling
  6. upright rider position because my knees are all jacked and sitting with them bent too long hurts
  7. something modern with EFI because its just generally a better fuel delivery system
So you're all thinking "why didn't you get a TU250X or SR400 or something?" Well because I couldn't find any and an inexpensive (sub $1k) Rebel came up. I went for a test ride and was surprised to really enjoy the cruiser posture. And the larger turn radius wasn't so long that it was hard get around on city streets.

Now I'm glad I got what I sort of fell into. I've been riding non-stop and having a blast!

As for the rest of my "requirements" - maybe if/when I ever upgrade from my 250 I'll try a CB750 or something.

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: seattle_rider

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: seattle_rider

Super Moderator
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

1 - 4 of 4 Posts