Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just made an account and I bought a rebel 250 recently and by this point I have no idea what to do next to try and solve the problem but basically to make a story a bit shorter I am having a problem with my fuel/air where basically anytime I try to crank the throttle I can literally feel the bike start turning off. I took apart the carb was really dirty tho and I tried resetting the adjustments but still starts dying when throttle is cranked I don鈥檛 know what to do after this I鈥檓 basically soaking the carb for 2 days and hoping to that fixes it cus nothing has worked 馃槴

Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
often takes 5-7 days of soaking with rotation of body once or twice a day to assure trapped air is purged from passageways.
15 minutes in ultrasonic cleaner.. according to flitecontrol could take 3 ultrasonic cleanings as a worst case..
Coming off idle, have you checked for fuel squirt from accelerator pump nozzle?

Super Moderator
Soak only the metal parts as carb cleaner (recommend Berryman Chem Dip) destroys plastic and rubber. There are O-rings on the pilot/air-fuel and carb drain screws and the float valve has a rubber tip. Recommend replacing float valve and bowl gasket if you haven't already. After soaking, rinse well with water and blow out every orifice with high pressure compressed air. Canned air isn't powerful enough.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
often takes 5-7 days of soaking with rotation of body once or twice a day to assure trapped air is purged from passageways.
15 minutes in ultrasonic cleaner.. according to flitecontrol could take 3 ultrasonic cleanings as a worst case..
Coming off idle, have you checked for fuel squirt from accelerator pump nozzle?
i just soaked it over 48 hours am currently drying and all that but i definitely didnt check for fuel squirt from the pump I鈥檓 pretty new with bikes and basically learned everything I fixed just doing itreally but this problem has been out of my knowledge of bikes on how to fix.
Ps I actually have a second question if you can help me by answering

Super Moderator
What's the question? If members here have the answers, they respond to all questions. If you are asking if 48 hours soak time is enough, it depends on how dirty the carb is. In many cases, that isn't nearly long enough. If the carb was filthy, it's going to take a much longer soak to loosen the crud. That's why a 5-7 day soak was recommended. The experience of many, many members that soak their carbs, often multiple times, is why that length of time is recommended.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the question? If members here have the answers, they respond to all questions. If you are asking if 48 hours soak time is enough, it depends on how dirty the carb is. In many cases, that isn't nearly long enough. If the carb was filthy, it's going to take a much longer soak to loosen the crud. That's why a 5-7 day soak was recommended. The experience of many, many members that soak their carbs, often multiple times, is why that length of time is recommended.
Nope not the question I actually got everything fixed after and only did a 48 hour soak but my actual question is when I was taking apart the carb to soak it when I was removing the lil rubber accelerator pump I found a spring on each end of it but every rebel accelerator pump I鈥檝e seen only had 1 spring I even went on YouTube and watched afew people take theirs apart to see if I was tripping but nope every one I seen had only 1 spring so my question is I guess is it supposed to only be 1 spring? Does your鈥檚 have 1. I鈥檓 basically tryna figure out now why there was 2 in there

Super Moderator
It should only have one spring, on top of the rubber diaphragm. Probably a PO added the extra spring, but I have no idea why.

Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
Think I would describe the single spring as being located below the diaphragm..
Font Parallel Schematic Engineering Rectangle

Super Moderator

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Poor wording on my part. When assembling, the spring goes on top, between the cap and diaphragm. Once installed on the carb, it is underneath the diaphragm from a vertical standpoint. Honda Motorcycle 2009 OEM Parts Diagram for CARBURETOR | Partzilla.com
Yeah I鈥檓 assuming they put no idea why so I removed it I had fixed it for the most part except this thing where sometimes it鈥檚 randomly shut off and then wouldn鈥檛 come back on sometimes for 1 minute sometimes 30 min never figured it out why or fixed it so I tried an ultrasonic cleaning on my carb and now it鈥檒l barely come on and if it does the throttle gives no revs it actually makes it shut off fast please help guys 馃槶

Super Moderator
See my response to your identical question in another thread. Please don't post the same question in multiple threads. It's frustrating when someone responds, only to find out someone else already gave the same response in a different thread.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
See my response to your identical question in another thread. Please don't post the same question in multiple threads. It's frustrating when someone responds, only to find out someone else already gave the same response in a different thread.
I had originally made this post and didn鈥檛 think about it til after I posted the other 1 tryna see if anyone has any fresh ideas because I鈥檓 pretty much out of em

1 - 12 of 12 Posts