Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Honda rebel 2015. 250cc
I'm super new and have been riding for a few months. Recently lost the 2 nuts where the exhaust attaches in the front of the motor. How do I know what size I need to get. *I know nothing about nothing any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
30,604 Posts
Welcome. If you look at this diagram, you'll see the cap nuts, which are part number 13. They are 6mm nuts, and probably 1.25 thread pitch, but it might be another pitch. You really shouldn't ride it without the exhaust firmly attached as it can snap the studs the nuts thread onto, and that can cause a lot of headaches. 2009 Honda CMX250C A MUFFLER | Cheap Cycle Parts

If the split collars, part number two, fell off, you'll need to get replacements.

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
408 Posts
If the split collars are still there. AND you want to ride without this happening again. (AND don't care too much how it looks). You can put 1 nut on on each side & tighten them properly. Then lock a second nut against those by holding the 1st nut still with a wrench, & putting a 2nd nut on top of them tightening the second snugly against the previous one. This is called double nutting, or locking. Make sure that you hold the 1st nut still when doing this. We don't want the stud to break. This would be a much worse situation.

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
408 Posts
I'd like to add a word of caution. I hope you did not ride very far with this loose. If you did, you may've burned the valve or piston.
I made this mistake more than 100 miles from home. The engine hasn't run as quietly since. Although it still does run well & gets good milage, I don't fully trust it & will probably be doing a full tear down this winter.

·
Registered
408 Posts
This is a picture of what it looks like. 20210703_091416.jpg
Also, anytime the exhaust comes off for any reason, you should always replace the crush gaskets. They are not expensive and it properly makes the seal. 20210703_091342.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd like to add a word of caution. I hope you did not ride very far with this loose. If you did, you may've burned the valve or piston.
I made this mistake more than 100 miles from home. The engine hasn't run as quietly since. Although it still does run well & gets good milage, I don't fully trust it & will probably be doing a full tear down this winter.
I was planning on taking a nice long ride but 10 mins out i noticed it wasn't sounding right so I took it home. I'm new to all of this so anytime I find somthing feeling weird or sounding different I turn around and don't ride it till I figure out the problem. You can never be to cautious.

·
Super Moderator
30,604 Posts
Yes, be sure the old one is removed or it won't fit or seal properly.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,107 Posts
@RedKShoe
Honda recommends leaving all mounting bolts loose while tightening pipe joint nuts, than tignten muffler mount bolts..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts