Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
After many years where I simply didn't have the time, I finally got a motorcycle license and started shopping for a bike. I knew I wanted a Honda, and was originally looking at nighthawks but found a deal on a Rebel that I simply couldn't pass up. Here she is, as she looked when I got her: a deep blue 1985 250 Rebel with 7900 original kilometers. Only modifications are the windshield, bags, and aftermarket adjustable brake and clutch levers (and associated master cylinder).

I've since had a fantastic summer where I've put over 2500km on this bike, and started to personalize it, though I'll be posting those changes in a "build thread" style post in the modifications section.

Nice to meet you all, and hope to share some of my experiences.

Sincerely,

Blue

Super Moderator
Nice bike! Welcome to the forum.

Super Moderator
Welcome. Sharp looking bike!

If you plan to keep the windshield (I would), you might want to tilt the top rearward some. The general rule of thumb is to angle it so it's generally parallel to the front forks.

Registered
She's beautiful, and if she doesn't have an in-line fuel filter, I'd recommend adding one, it will save you a lot of issues later on...

Super Moderator
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride :cool0012::cool0012:

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
@flitecontrol: Thanks for the tip! However after some experimentation I ended up preferring to remove the windshield for the type of riding I do.
@kryton: thankfully she does have an inline filter, it's just hidden behind the air-box cover at this angle.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
@Bokobob Thank you! :D
Check out my "build thread" in the "cool mods detailing and appearance section" for updates on what I do with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts