Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Chevrolet G20 Conversion
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new here, and new to the two wheeled scene.

When it comes to bikes, while I've always enjoyed looking at them, and appreciated the infinite variety of ways folks dress 'em up or down, and modify them to suit their tastes, needs and whims, I've never owned any, or ridden them, and had lost interest in doing so, over the years.

But, just recently, my coworker, who is downsizing his stuff, just decided to give me a 1982 Honda CM 250 that he had lying around. It runs nicely, it's in overall good shape, and requires minimal work to put it back on the road (Basically, it needs a headlight, signals, and mirrors, at bare minimum).

This bike is the 1st one that I've ridden, and it's picked up nearly a 1/4 mile, as I've run it around the yard in 1st gear, at an average speed of an impressive 5 or 6 mph. Hardcore, yeah? Lmao.

Anyway, in researching the bike, I've gathered that the CM 250 is the precursor to the Rebel, and as such, as I've continued to poke around the interwebs, I've consistently landed on this forum. So, since I'm popping in so frequently, figured I may as well join the club. And, here I am.

·
Super Moderator
32,775 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The CM250 was indeed the precursor to the CMX250. There are several other CM250 owners here.

Reactions: Spiffy Widgets

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,618 Posts
I have an '82 CM200 along with my Rebels. I only wish it was a 250!
Welcome!
I (& most here), really love the CMX250s. The CMX450s are great too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts