Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Rebel 250. Headlight keeps going out. Took it to the shop and they fixed it. 2 weeks later it went out. Took it back and they replaced it with a Harley light. Two weeks later it went out again. Took it back and they fixed it for free but said next time i bring it in,the switches will probably need replacing. $150. for each switch. 2 weeks later, you guessed it,light went out. Now i'm not rich or a mechanic or electrician but is there some way i can directly hook my headlight to the battery with maybe a toggle switch..I never ride at night.Just dont wanna get a ticket for no lights. I'd tape a flashlight to my headlight if i could get away with it. I just wanna ride my bike and it's frustrating. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

Super Moderator
get a meter, hook it up to the headlight plug, wiggle the wiring harness here and there until you find the location of the loose connection, flip switches - both key and handlebar, open up the junction box behind the headlight and check all the connections - make sure they are tight - not just connected

do a continuity check between headlight ground and frame - wiggle stuff again

it sounds like a loose connection somewhere

Reactions: tikidude

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
get a meter, hook it up to the headlight plug, wiggle the wiring harness here and there until you find the location of the loose connection, flip switches - both key and handlebar, open up the junction box behind the headlight and check all the connections - make sure they are tight - not just connected

do a continuity check between headlight ground and frame - wiggle stuff again

it sounds like a loose connection somewhere
thanks, i tried that before with a friend. im gonna hunt for that wiring diagram

1 - 3 of 3 Posts