Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, following the precious suggestions from this blog I was able to add all the lights to my 1997 Honda Rebel 250. They work fine, however the hazard is not working and the turning light are not flashing. The two issues could be related for what I was reading for other motorcycles. Any suggestion on what I should look at? Is there a relay that should do the job? Maybe is missing or broken...
Thank you guys!
Luca
1997 Honda Rebel 250

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
927 Posts
I'm not sure which thread you were looking at, but if you have installed LED lights, the first thing you normally have to do is replace the Flasher for an electronic flasher.
The hazards on my bike flash by themselves all I needed to do is put in an on-off switch for them along with an LED flashing light from an alarm system to let me know on the dashboard when they're on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Emil, thank you for responding. I installed regular no led turning lights so I do not think I need a new flasher for that reason. As I said before they are working but they are not flashing. I finally found the relay and it is a Mitsuba FR-2204. Not sure if the relay is broken or something else is not right. I guess my first step would be to replace the existing relay with a new one. So far I found some used one on ebay. I would like to know if what I am doing is correct. Or you if have any suggestion. Thanks again Luca

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
927 Posts
If you buy the electronic flasher, it will flash regardless of the load. Also it would prepare you ahead of time if you ever want to go to LEDs.
I think you are correct that the the Flasher relay seems to be at fault. If lights come on but do not Flash, normally it means either the Flasher is bad or the lights are not drawing enough load for the Flasher to work.
By the way you might want to have this moved by a moderator to the correct section of the Forum. Electrical charging and battery is the location it should be posted so that other people if they have the similar problems in the future would be able to research and find it easily.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,466 Posts
If your signals are not working you might check the fuse..
If horn works it's not the fuse..

·
Super Moderator
30,914 Posts
If a turn signal light is on steady but doesn't flash, and the other on that side doesn't come on at all, the bulb in the one that doesn't come on is bad or the connection is corroded.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all, the turning lights a re now flashing thanks to a new flasher relay i got from Amazon. Thanks again Luca

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Good to hear. It seemed to be the simplest explanation. Enjoy the ride safely. The use of my hazzard lights has probably saved me many times.
This was a couple of days ago during a tremendous downpour. Cars were spinning out & crashing into the median wall right across from where I parked.
I wish I could put a short video showing how to well a flash. I guess we'll have to put something on YouTube and put a link to it.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts