Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stored my CMX250C for about a year, battery disconnected. I reconnected the battery, tried to start; nothing. Charged it, nothing. It was cashed. I replaced the battery.

Now: the bike will turn over, but won't hold... it dies almost instantly. With some experimentation I have found that, if I'm in neutral, with the choke full off, I can get it to idle for a few seconds. But the moment I touch the throttle, it dies instantly.

I've been checking the owner's manual, and hunting for answers online. It feels like there is an easy solution that's just beyond the grasp of my basic shade tree skill level. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
Let it idle until you can feel the cylinder head start to get warm. Just need to be patient here and touchy, feely. It might take a few blips on the throttle, but if you can get it to rev in high RPM's you should be good. If it won't stay running after a nice very warm idle, add some Seafoam to the gas and start it the next day, let it idle again until warm. I have never had any issues beyond what I just described on any bike that sat for just a year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts