Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CMX 250
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suggestions on a handlebar cockpit bag? Looking for something that is on the "inside" of the bars, below controls and that straps (or zip ties) on to the handbars. I want easy access to phone and small money/card wallet. Something kinda like the REI Packmod Hipbelt though not sure it would be durable enough. Prefer straps, not magnetic. (I am very untrusting!) Thanks in advance.
Brown Luggage and bags Bag Material property Shoulder bag

·
Registered
2012 CMX 250
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the magnetic testimony. That is compelling. I was testing some random small bags from my closet this evening and realized it’s going to be a tight fit to hang off the handlebars, not to mention not restricting turning capacity. I may be more willing to consider magnetic now. Any concerns over magnets marring tank paint? Is it ok to do on/off if you really don’t want to leave it unattended? Thank you.

I've got a magnetic tank bag on mine that holds very well. I've traveled about 20,000 miles with it on there and never had a problem. It has magnets on the bottom and the wings on both sides. My only concern has always been when I leave the bike somebody could easily walk away with it.

·
Registered
2012 CMX 250
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know re: magnets. And yes LOL I am familiar with the concept of not leaving valuables unattended. It was in regard to another comment above about leaving the bag itself on the bike

The magnets are inside fabric, so they never touch the paint. If I had valuables in it, I wouldn't leave it unattended.

·
Registered
2012 CMX 250
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that. Will definitely explore.

Like flitecontrol said, they are covered in fabric. I've had problems because I've overfilled the fuel tank, & since the 1st generation is vented through the cap, the neoprene foam became stuck into my paint job.
It has a large carrying handle, if you're seriously worried about it. I only keep my leather skullcap, gloves, compass, "hockey puck", & extra protective eyewear in it, so I'm not terribly worried. But, it can be removed & put back again & again without maring the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts