Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I’ve recently mounted a pair of rabbit ear handle bars on my 2013 rebel 250, only problem is the stock lengths for the handlebar controls are too short to fit the new bars. So far no mechanics in my are will touch it because there aren’t any extension kits available, does anyone know of a kit on the market for 250 rebels or even knowledge on how to diy some cables? Any help appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
30,831 Posts
You can get custom cables from MotionPro. Just need to tell them how long you need them. For the switches, etc., not sure how to get extensions other than splicing.

·
Super Moderator
4,206 Posts
Hey all, I’ve recently mounted a pair of rabbit ear handle bars on my 2013 rebel 250, only problem is the stock lengths for the handlebar controls are too short to fit the new bars. So far no mechanics in my are will touch it because there aren’t any extension kits available, does anyone know of a kit on the market for 250 rebels or even knowledge on how to diy some cables? Any help appreciated!
I have made cables from parts available online - check youtube for videos on how to make cable ends.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can get custom cables from MotionPro. Just need to tell them how long you need them. For the switches, etc., not sure how to get extensions other than splicing.
So matter of fact, all my cables are an okay length except the hand brake, so long as I cut and splice longer wires, I spliced the left side with the signals and high beams and horn, everything fits and works good except the headlight now isn’t working, saw it flicker for a moment and thought I blew a fuse but all 4 are in damaged.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
from headlight fuse circuit goes to start button.. when button pushed headlight is disconnected to enable all current to go to starter..
as rebel year nor cc is displayed in Vehicle Details found on Account details page my answer is for circuit colors used on 1st gen 250 Rebel which I am most familiar with..

Either your Brown/Red circuit from fuse to start button or the Blue/White circuit from start button which crosses over to head lamp High/Low switch has a bad connection.. this would cause no power for both high and low beam..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
from headlight fuse circuit goes to start button.. when button pushed headlight is disconnected to enable all current to go to starter..
as rebel year nor cc is displayed in Vehicle Details found on Account details page my answer is for circuit colors used on 1st gen 250 Rebel which I am most familiar with..

Either your Brown/Red circuit from fuse to start button or the Blue/White circuit from start button which crosses over to head lamp High/Low switch has a bad connection.. this would cause no power for both high and low beam..
Thank you, it was a problem on the starter side, got that bit all squared away now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts