Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1987 honda rebel 250 that needed a new punk ass carb
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I recently got a 1987 rebel 250 and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get new rear drum material as well and front rotors and break pads I cant seem to find anything on amazon and leads or links would be a great help.

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
1,609 Posts
As far as the front rotor goes, I've tried the Chinese junk before and it warped within 75 miles. Recently I bought a complete front wheel including another rotor for $92 including shipping on eBay.
The 1st & 2nd generation Rebels use the same front rotor just mounted on the opposite side.

·
Registered
1987 honda rebel 250 that needed a new punk ass carb
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as the front rotor goes, I've tried the Chinese junk before and it warped within 75 miles. Recently I bought a complete front wheel including another rotor for $92 including shipping on eBay.
The 1st & 2nd generation Rebels use the same front rotor just mounted on the opposite side.
Ah thanks man I didnt know that maybe I'll have some good luck finding 2nd gen parts

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
1,609 Posts
The wheel just arrived. It's a 1985 same as mine. The bad news is that the brake disk measures 1.39" = 35.3mm. Good for emergencies but, just barely above replacement specs.:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts