Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an '01 250 with barely 9,000 miles on it :grin2: (actually as good as it sounds, really happy with the grand I spent on it). Cleaned it up and putting new tires on it to get going on some modifications.
First question is the front fender, which I have understood that the original design was for it to act as a fork brace. I've noticed on a lot of bare bones Rebels that guys simply take it out; is that dangerous for the fork alignment? or not really, or are guys just ignoring that, or are they getting around it somehow??

Knowledge appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
11,902 Posts
Considering the Australian market Rebel has a plastic front fender, I wouldn't say it's overly detrimental. But some folks have utilized a fork brace when removing their fender.

I shaved my fender nubs off/smoothed the lowers on my former bobber. I didn't have the bike long enough to discern any handling issues though...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I am all for retaining the front finder for many reasons like if you ever ride in the rain the front tire will throw so much water and you will have to ride in that spray of water.
Now on the other hand the flimsy front finder adds no support to anything. The front axle will not allow the lower forks to misalign in any way.

·
Premium Member
11,902 Posts
Well I live in Vegas where annual precipitation is 2-3 inches. ;) The irony is the one day it actually does rain and I get caught in it, I'll typically be on the bike with abbreviated fenders.

Still, all but one bike currently sport front fenders, although one has bobbed fenders...and I happen to have a fender for the bike that currently lacks one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts