Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle handlebar Speedometer

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Finger Automotive exterior

Font Screenshot Technology Software Parallel

Hey all tried the search bar first an got a bunch of unwanted results was wondering where can i hook into the ignition switch so i have constant power to my radio to keep my presets an i don't have to use the quick disconnect to keep from draining my battery without splicing into the harness there are three wires POS neg an to ignition they all have the forked connector to slip on but i do not want to cut any factory wires thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,737 Posts
those connections can all be made in junction box behind headlight..
Connect radio Red to solid Red circuit, Green to solid Black circuit, Black to Green ground circuit..
refer to following wiring diagram for 1st generation 85-87 Rebel

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you i did screen shot those diagrams earlier so i had them, so before i tear into that can i connect without splicing into wires though that's my main concern

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,737 Posts
there is a open female Green ground bullet connector that is free to be used..
Other than that you will need to tap into the Red circuit which is always hot, and Black ignition switch circuit

Rectangle Electric blue Plastic Electronics accessory Thumb

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,737 Posts
than again as you have wiring all the way back to battery area the black circuit can be tapped into at the fuse block while using battery positive and negative terminals
Rectangle Slope Line Font Parallel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts