Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So just realized the bolt hole on my frame that the gas tank rear bolt screws into is pretty stripped. Can anyone confirm the size of gas tank rear bolt that goes into the frame? parts diagram says it is an 8x28, doesn't mention the thread size or pitch.

Thanks guys.

Super Moderator
generally if it doesn't specify it's the common pitch for that size bolt

Registered
Almost all 8mm screws are 1.25mm pitch, it is rare to find a 1mm pitch as they are for special applications. I needed a 1mm pitch 8mm screw to pull off a pully and could not find one any where. Eventually I bought a special 8mm X 1mm pitch die and mad my own bolts. That is how rare they are. You could pick up 1000 8 mm screws and they would all be 1.25mm pitch. If your 8mm screw threads are stripped there are 9mm taps and dies available to rethread the frame and possibly to make your own bolt. KBC Tools are throughout the US and Canada their web is KBCTools.com phone 1-888-KBC-TOOL (1-888-522-8665). They have the 9mm taps and dies. I have bought several special taps from them for a Model T Ford I have. They have about 300 distributors in the US so you should be able to get help some where.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts