Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone, new to the forum and to the Rebel world...just got a '87 from a friend last night! There is an issue with the fuse box and needs to be replaced, I intend on installing a new one myself but I'm having a difficult time finding a tutorial or video online on how to do so. Is this something that can be easily done at home or should I take it to a shop?

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
It should be easy to do your self.

One bolt holds it on and it plugs in under the seat.

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
I don't have a tutorial on it but I have some generic photos of the areas in question.
My under seat area is crowded with my modifications, but I have a pic of an unmodified under seat area.

The fuse box is on the right side under that little plastic triangular cover.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,823 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
29,478 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Hope you get it all sorted out soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome and thank you Buickguy for the pics, I should be getting the new fuse box in next week so I'll post anything if I have any problems.

·
Super Moderator
29,478 Posts
Possibly. More likely, the switch needs to be cleaned and relubed. there's a how-to on the procedure stickied in the Wrenching section of the forum. One member suggested working in a large plastic bag so you don't lose the springs and other parts. they have a tendency to fly off once the cover is removed.

·
Super Moderator
29,478 Posts
Dielectric grease will help keep the electrical contacts from corroding as well as providing some lubrication.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't believe what this jerk did! Got hit on my bike! He Failed to yield, speeding and went through a stop sign! Hard to believe but very little damage to bike, broken mirror, two small dents on gas tank! Me well fractured right elbow, hand numb, possible pinched nerve! This creep was here illegally, no license, but was driving a rented new Lexus, Hope to recoup plenty, was riding the next day! Be careful out there, to be honest if I was in a cage I would have been hit or walking, there was nothing I could do to avoid this A-Hole!!!

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Hi Jax1968, When they run a stop sign there isn't much you can do. Real lucky only a fractured elbow and some damage to your bike.
I got hit by a stop sign runner in Oct of 1969. The bike was totaled so was my left foot and and leg. Took 9 months to get well enough to go back to work and 3 years to finally settle.
Hang in there.
jax

1 - 14 of 14 Posts