Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new owner of a '07 Rebel 250 - that won't start.

It turns over, catches and revs, then dies.

The prior owner ordered a carburetor and will send it to me when it comes in but
I wonder if a fuel pump is the problem.

But I can't even find it, nor can I find a vendor selling them.

Help :)

-Allan B.

·
Premium Member
85,86,87 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,729 Posts
The Rebel is a gravity feed fuel system. It does not have a fuel pump. The carburetor is most likely the issue.
Do not throw away the old carb! It can be cleaned & is worth a lot. If you don't want it. Put it up for sale here, for 50 bucks, or even more, it'll go fast!

Reactions: Markrkolb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Rebel is a gravity feed fuel system. It does not have a fuel pump. The carburetor is most likely the issue.
Do not throw away the old carb! It can be cleaned & is worth a lot. If you don't want it. Put it up for sale here, for 50 bucks, or even more, it'll go fast!
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
85,86,87 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,729 Posts
There are many here that know carbs very well. If you just ask a question about it they could probably help you. One thing that would help quite a lot is an ultrasonic cleaner. Taken apart, & 1/2 hour in there in that bath, & it should be cleaner than a whistle.

Reactions: Markrkolb

·
Super Moderator
31,743 Posts
Definitely sounds like a carb issue, and most of those are because they are gummed up/dirty inside. there are inexpensive carbs on ebay, but several who have purchased them didn't like them. Thoroughly cleaning the carb (lots of threads here on subject) and replacing the bowl gasket and float valve usually is all that's needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a new owner of a '07 Rebel 250 - that won't start.

It turns over, catches and revs, then dies.

The prior owner ordered a carburetor and will send it to me when it comes in but
I wonder if a fuel pump is the problem.

But I can't even find it, nor can I find a vendor selling them.

Help :)

-Allan B.
The chokes are a bit twitchy at least on mine. Try just cracking it a little at a time and start it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts