Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,567 Posts
Some have added a short section of PVC pipe above the springs, giving a stiffer ride.

·
Registered
CMX250 1996 with sidecar / CXM250 1986
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
when the good old Rebel runs reliably as usual and every maintenance is done you might think about unnecessary tinkering.
I like the asymmetrical cockpit of the Yamaha bulldog (BT1100), and I would like to have the direction indicator display single for each direction.
A drawing with corel draw is quickly designed but can you saw, file and drill a 3mm steel plate in the desired shape yourself? Maybe on a cold long winter weekend in the workshop?
Or do you have to have it made in a metal store? (dollar?)
Or just keep riding the Rebel as is and as it reliably functions.

Best regards Robert

Automotive lighting Font Circle Auto part Technical drawing

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,428 Posts
I have a first generation Rebel like yours. So the high beam light is in the speedometer. I bought a second generation speedometer plate. So now I can add left and right turn signals to it. It's easier with the 1st generation to do this. All you need is a second generation plate, an extra amber bulb, & probably a 3 prong flasher + (I think)1 added wire to the front for the feed for the other side. I haven't done ALL the research yet, but I'll let you know how it works when I'm finished.
I also plan to paint it black to match 1st gen.

·
Super Moderator
32,567 Posts
If you take your time, I see no reason that couldn't be made with hand tools. A drill press would be fastest and most accurate for the holes, but a hand drill would work.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,428 Posts
10 Gauge is 3.2mm. Most places here in the US sell mostly even gauge increments until thicker than 6. I know that you're not in the USA, I was adding that primarily for others that may decide to try & copy your design.

·
Registered
1987 Rebel 250
169 Posts
Was gibt's Mitdeutscher? Sehr toll. Ich mag die Zeichnung. Ich hasse die ursprüngliche Anordnung auch.

Ein Beiwagen? Unglaublich.

Woher kommen sie? Ich bin in Wiesbaden geboren, und ich habe Familie in Wilhelmshaven. Ich bin seit meiner Kindheit in den USA.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
What's up fellow Germans? So great. I like the drawing. I hate the original arrangement too.

A sidecar? Unbelievable.

Where are you from? I was born in Wiesbaden and I have family in Wilhelmshaven. I've been in the US since I was a kid.
We're only allowed to use English on this forum. Just to let you know.

• Sad
Reactions: Yazman

·
Registered
VTX 1800, Rebel 250's and 450's, CB1300
459 Posts
If you want to do something with the front, renew the oil and use SAE20. Nothing else is needed.
You'll be surprised, I can promise you that.

A double brake disk front is only for a selected few (me)

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
It is cool what you've done with the double front brake. The extra load would seem to require it.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
American English is a strange mix of many different languages. We use words like 'nomenclature' which is obviously German. Amongst many others. My modus operandi (Latin), sometimes includes such phrases from these other languages as well. Should I say 'such is life' or C'est la vie in the USA? ;) :ROFLMAO:
And, admittedly, that quote was Yiddish!
Using a 'known' word or 2 from languages from around the world has become the norm in this 'mixing pot' in which we live.
No harm, no foul here. 🤗

·
Registered
592 Posts
Nomenclature is from Latin. Nomen is name in Latin. The word for name in Sanskrit is "naama" (proniunced just like "name" in German).

English in general, including what is known as British English in the U.S., has incorporated words from many languages, around the world. Words like bazaar, chit, sahib, loot, assasin, are some words from far away lands.

Reactions: Yazman
1 - 20 of 30 Posts