Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...
Kinda almost happy with my little front light hack.. (1987 250cc)
20$ chinese generic front light...
Home made bracket because the rear end of the light was bumping into the black plastic electrical box.. 2 holes, grommets bolts and washers later I have a cute little front light ..
Next step is gonna be replacing the old incandescent bulb by a sky-tracer-gazillion lumens LED kinda of bulb...
What you guys think ?

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,904 Posts
looks good to me
i'm still running with original headlamp which leaves a lot to be desired as far as lumens goes..

Reactions: Frenchie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks good to me
i'm still running with original headlamp which leaves a lot to be desired as far as lumens goes..
Yep I think the light came with a traditional H4...
And I also think I've seen a plug n play replacement for H4s..
Next paycheck

·
Registered
232 Posts
@Frenchie: Looks like the one I got. The long thin bolt to tighten the rim will rust, as will the large nut underneath if you used the one supplied. The chrome outer is holding up though.
@SoakedKarma: I have the sealed beam unit you are looking for ;)

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,904 Posts
87 original is a standard large incandescent bulb mounted within headlight backed by metal..

Tab welded to back of headlamp holds it into place within housing.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Interesting, did not know that. So you can replace the bulb then? What do you use for the bulb? I couldn't easily find a 36/36.5 incandescent and honestly wouldn't want to.

I'd prefer to put the stock headlight back on, I think it looks nicer, but it's gotta have an LED in there, IMO.

·
Registered
232 Posts
That looks exactly like what I purchased, right down to the silly blue indicator on the top of the casing (you can't see it from a riding position) just not from Jacks. I stuck a 4000 Lumen LED H4 into it and can see at night now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts