Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Honda Rebel CMX250C
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I can seem to get all the air out of the front brake. I replaced all the oil washers with new ones. I took off the brake caliper to take a look inside and clean it as it has been sitting for years before I got it. I have tired bleeding at the banjo bots and regular bleeding down at the caliper. I also have purchased a vacuum bleeder to help.

I have spent two evening on trying to breed the brakes and used a lot of new fluid and still have air.

anyone got any ideas that might help?

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
I've found I had to rock bike left and right with master cylinder cover off while slowly squeezing brake lever and releasing while watching for bubbles to come out of ports in bottom of fluid reservoir..
Don't squeeze hard or you will end up with an eye full of brake fluid..
Vary the amount of throw of lever,, it takes time..
More often I've had problems at banjo fitting..

·
Super Moderator
30,831 Posts
Did you clean the master cylinder? Might have some debris in there but even if it's spotless, your experience isn't uncommon.

·
Registered
1985 Honda Rebel CMX250C
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I cleaned the master cylinder. I also rebuilt the inside.

·
Registered
1985 Honda Rebel CMX250C
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone know the size of the banjo bolts? Thought about getting a banjo bleeder bolt for the master cylinder side?

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
yes 10x22 mm but you are going to need the thread pitch as two are common 1.0mm and 1.25mm
I have no idea what pitch the Rebel uses..
While you are at it imo you will find highly improved braking by installing stainless braided brake hose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts