Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some slightly wider foot pegs for my rebel. The stock ones dig into my feet after a while. Now, I am not sure if I want full floorboards. Just some foot pegs about 2 inches wider should do the trick.

Do they sell these? are foot pegs pretty interchangeable?

Also, do floorboards require the heel-toe shifter? Or are there any you can just slap on?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I don't know if they make wider footpegs, but maybe you could try thicker sole boots or whatever your choice of footwear is...just a thought.

Floor boards can be pricey.

1996 250 Honda Rebel parts and accessories

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Booger Red is on the right track. The problem is not the pegs, it's your boots. Good motorcycle boots have thin soles, low heels and toes as well as stiff shanks that support the arch of your foot on the peg and which allow easy shifting. I recently completed a 10,000 km trip in my Alpinestars, and they worked great.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That being said, I just saw these swing-arm pegs and they look pretty amazing for longer rides.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
those are pretty cool.....$?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Too bad they wont fit the Rebel 250 mounts.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
That being said, I just saw these swing-arm pegs and they look pretty amazing for longer rides.

Don't buy those!!!! I tried them and hated them! They were more comfortable when they were not swung out. Also, there are quality issues, mine came with missing bolts for one side. I bought a used set of foot pegs from Jack's and turned them down in a lathe to make an adapter. I still have the adapters, the Swingwings were traded for a powder coat job for my rear luggage rack.

As for floor boards. I love them! I have the MCEnterprises boards and the boards that Jack makes. The heel/toe shift looks cool, but it's not needed. Any future purchases for me will be without the heel/toe shift. And now about quality. Both these sets of boards are cheap, cheap, cheap! The MCEnterprises boards seemed to have the chrome stay on longer, the boards from Jack's had the chrome coming off in flakes after only 9 months. :( It's a shame that there aren't any quality boards made for the Rebel. But if you want boards, those 2 are the only ones I know of.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
FWIW- I've been interested in floorboards for the Rebel, and there aren't many options. Of the ones I've seen, all seem to be an inch closer to the ground than stock pegs, meaning if you already drag pegs on a regular basis, you'll be doing it more often. That may or may not be a problem.

·
Registered
1986 Honda Rebel CMX250C
21 Posts

How did you mount these? My son bought some replacement pegs for my 86 CMX250, but after taking one of the OEM pegs off I realize it won’t stay in place. A little frustrated at this point.

·
Super Moderator
29,858 Posts
weblamer hasn't visited the forum in over five years, so doubt you'll hear back from him any time soon.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
How did you mount these? My son bought some replacement pegs for my 86 CMX250, but after taking one of the OEM pegs off I realize it won’t stay in place. A little frustrated at this point.
I bought a used set of foot pegs from Jack's and turned them down in a lathe to make an adapter. I still have the adapters, the Swingwings were traded for a powder coat job for my rear luggage rack.
Please read my post again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts