Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking off my flywheel cover for the first time and ended up ripping the gasket. Where do I get a new one? Or can I use that silicone stuff. Any recommendations would be awesome! Looking to order tonight so I can get her up and running by Friday.

Super Moderator
you can repair the gasket with a dab of gasket maker - it's to keep water out not oil in

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Picked some up today! Should be working on it as of tomorrow. Hoping to get her running as of Friday.
Do you have any idea where I can get an actual gasket? Or are those not worth it anymore

Super Moderator

Super Moderator
If you replace the paper gasket, which really isn't necessary, get a can of gasket remover at your local auto parts store. It will soften the gasket and allow it to be scraped off. It isn't critical on the left side because it's only there to keep dirt and water from getting into the case, but I use an old gift card or something similar to scrape gaskets off aluminum so the soft metal isn't gouged.

You can put the case back on without removing the torn gasket if you want. Just as effective and a lot less trouble. You'll notice there is a weep hole at the bottom of the case, so the gasket doesn't completely seal it anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts