Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a flat rear tire on my Rebel, on the freeway. I was on my way to work. I had to call my roadside assistance plan, and wait over 2 hours on the shoulder of a very busy freeway for them to show up. My roadside assistance plan is supposed to include 100 miles of towing. But it turns out that is not the case. I wanted the bike to be taken back home, but the roadside assistance plan said there was a Honda dealer 15 miles closer in the nearest city, and if I wanted it hauled back to my house, I would have to pay extra. Having no choice, I paid $35 extra for something my plan was supposed to include. First of all, read the fine print in your roadside assistance plan if you have one, and second, does anyone know of a roadside assistance plan that actually guarantees a certain number of miles of towing no matter where you are? I thought I was safe by not getting more than 100 miles from home. Wrong.

·
Super Moderator
30,195 Posts
When I needed a bike towed under my Progressive bike insurance, the guy asked me where I wanted to take it. I told him my house, about six miles away. Believe their maximum allowed distance is 25 miles.

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a roadside assistance from a company called Paragon. They claim you get 100 miles of towing. But it turns out that is only if there is no place any closer. I'm canceling this plan and looking for another. I belong to a non specific make/model specific motorcycle forum, and recently read a horror story from another member. He had enough towing coverage to get him home (or just like me, that's what he thought) They took him to the nearest motorcycle dealer, nowhere near his home. It was Saturday afternoon, the dealer did not have time to fix the tire that day, and they were closed Sunday and Monday. He was stranded over 50 miles from home for over 2 days, and had to stay at a motel. He missed 2 days work. First of all, I recommend that everybody stay away from Paragon, they are a rip off. Second, it looks like AAA offers an actual 100 miles of towing, you have to buy it for your car/truck, and then get additional coverage for motorcycles. I have to read the fine print before dealing with them. 25 miles wouldn't do me any good, I work over 40 miles from home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts