1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,126 Posts
It holds 1.6qts of oil.

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Use the dipstick to verify oil level..No higher than the top of the hashmarks.

·
Super Moderator
30,605 Posts
And the oil level is checked with the bike level (not on the sidestand) and the dipstick unscrewed and just resting on the threads.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
My own personal advice on the subject
The oil level needs to be read with the bike upright on level ground, the dipstick unscrewed and resting in the opening. Since the place your bike is parked when you check your oil may not be level, read the oil level right after you do an oil change so you know how "full" looks on the dipstick in the real world. I always check mine before I take it out of the garage. Since my garage floor is not perfect, I know what full should look like where I actually check it.

·
Super Moderator
30,605 Posts
Yes.

·
Banned
765 Posts
The only thing I can add here is to make sure the oil level is all the way to the full line. With only 1.6 qts. you don't have much of a safety margin. And Rebels are known to burn oil if run continuously at high speed. I also recommend an oil change every 1000 miles. It holds very little oil, is air cooled, and has no oil filter. Very hard on oil. Oh, and I would not use any oil thinner than 10w40, and make sure it is NOT energy conserving. You could wind up damaging your clutch. The Rebel uses an old school engine that is not designed for this new thinner oil.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Provided that it is a 250, not a 450cc engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The only thing I can add here is to make sure the oil level is all the way to the full line. With only 1.6 qts. you don't have much of a safety margin. And Rebels are known to burn oil if run continuously at high speed. I also recommend an oil change every 1000 miles. It holds very little oil, is air cooled, and has no oil filter. Very hard on oil. Oh, and I would not use any oil thinner than 10w40, and make sure it is NOT energy conserving. You could wind up damaging your clutch. The Rebel uses an old school engine that is not designed for this new thinner oil.
Hi but is ok to use10w 40?

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,107 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Randallm06
Yes 10w40 is a Honda recommended oil weight.. all depends on temperatures you may ride in..
I use 10w40 topped up with 20w50 in summer when riding temps are 80°F and above..
Most often walmart Supertech brand or Rotella 15w40

1 - 16 of 16 Posts